cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service provider

NApaleck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have recently left Telus and joined public mobile. I made an account and transferred my number over but still cannot get service. I have called Telus to release my number and everything on their end is done and they are even troubled as to why I am unable to connect to public mobile. 

any advice on how I can connect or something I need to do.

ps I have reset my network settings, turned off my phone, took out my SIM card and put it in another phone to see if it would work (did not)

thank you in advance 

2 REPLIES 2

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you follow porting procedure to the letter?

- Get new PM SIM card.

- Open PM account and activate SIM. You would need unique email and to pay a bill right away for the next 30 days of service.

- For starters pick any phone number in your desirable area code. (You can initiate transfer number when you activate SIM but I personally prefer this way not to mess things up.)

- Verify all services work as expected: SMS/calls/Internet.

- Initiate number transfer at old provider; BOTH accounts have to be active and in good standing.

- KEEP old SIM in your phone; you will receive transfer authorization request very soon.

- Reply Yes to request within 90 minutes.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NApaleck you cannot even make outgoing calls?? does the phone shows error like No Neteork? Sim not provisioned?

Look like it is a sim card provisioning problem, it is an easy for PM.  Just open ticket with them 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.