cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for 3 days

bradholroyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I haven't had service for the last 3 days. No calling or data. There seems to be no Telus outages in my area. 

I've been a customer for only 10 days, the first 4 I also had no service due to an issue porting my number. I'm not sure if the current issue is relating to this or not. 

I'm not sure what kind of info to provide to help diagnose the issue. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @bradholroyd this is normal.  You need the porting approved on the other end.  Since you lost the sim, you have to make sure the old provider approve it and marked it on the system before you call back PM porting team

bradholroyd

After 4 days with customer service I think the port was successful. I had 3 days or so of service. I didn't have the old sim and my company has to call in to approve the port, so the porting department won't even speak to me. 

There's just a possibility that this is still related but I'm not positive. 

bradholroyd

Account status is active. I'll see if I can find another device to pop the sim in. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If you can send and receive SMS texts, then it's possible the issue is related to the porting of your number.

Did you respond yes to the port authorization request from the other provider when moving here?

I'll send you a number to help with porting if the port needs to be reinitiated. To check this number, tap the little envelope icon upper right when you see a little red number on the envelope. That'll be my message.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bradholroyd 

If there are no outages listed under the Telus outage page, login to your self-serve site and see what the status reads.

Alternatively, you can also dial 611 from your device to hear the status.

If you can, try the Public Mobile SIM card in another device to see if service works. While you're at it, try that other person's SIM card in your device to see if their service works with your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.