cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service, connecting only to T-Mobile

Tortiss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my problem is rather storied. First I start losing data randomly, and connecting to T-Mobile (if I was near the states, roaming). I had SMS working for a bit, and when I did a factory reset I got both SMS and data working. Everything seemed good, until about 20 minutes later when I lost both. Right now I have no service whatsoever. My guess is that my phone is priority connecting to T-Mobile and goes to no service when it can't connect back to Public Mobile. I could be way off though.

13 REPLIES 13

Tortiss

Okay, I found a way to manually connect and I'm getting and error message "unable to connect, please try again later". 

@TortissCan you swap your Public Mobile into another phone to see if it displays the same symptom.. if so your phone probably need to get serviced.

Tortiss

I can't find anything similar. Are you on IPhone?

@Tortiss  hi in my phone in my settings under cellular I have an automatic toggle if I turn it off it says manual I can then just select PM and it stays on PM do you have such a setting or something similar?

Tortiss

I tried switching the the SIM card just now, no dice. I've tried factory resetting two times, once it worked the second I got nothing. No harm in trying again I guess. 

@Tortiss 

Maybe try another factory reset.  It seemed to work the first time that you tried it.  

It's a long-shot...try taking sim out of slot 1 and try it in slot 2. Good luck.

Tortiss

I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks for the help, send your condolences to my wallet 😛

If it works well in other phones, your current phone is the culprit. Maybe others with same phone have experience to relate to you.

Maybe time for a new phone...otherwise let Google be your friend.

@Tortiss wrote:

I tried restarting, and I can't seem to find a way to forget T-Mobile as a network. I should mention that my SIM card works in other phones still.

Tortiss

I tried restarting, and I can't seem to find a way to forget T-Mobile as a network. I should mention that my SIM card works in other phones still.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tortiss wrote:

So my problem is rather storied. First I start losing data randomly, and connecting to T-Mobile (if I was near the states, roaming). I had SMS working for a bit, and when I did a factory reset I got both SMS and data working. Everything seemed good, until about 20 minutes later when I lost both. Right now I have no service whatsoever. My guess is that my phone is priority connecting to T-Mobile and goes to no service when it can't connect back to Public Mobile. I could be way off though.

Shut phone down, then restart. See if you will be able to manually select Public Mobile. See if you have Ignore button for T-Mobile network.

Tortiss

It's a Leagoo S8, it was working on Public Mobile for 2+ years and just randomly started doing this. It's definitely never had a T-Mobile plan on it.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TortissWhat kind of phone are you talking about? Is it a phone that is previously from TMobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.