cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service bars after new eSIM setup

grace525_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I just signed up for a Public Mobile plan with an eSIM. I was able to download the app and install the eSIM successfully. It’s been 48 hours and I don’t have any bars showing that I have service. I requested to port my number from my previous provider (Bell) and I think it is working. I have asked someone to call me and the call came through. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I have tried Resetting the Network settings and restarting the phone 3 times already. I have set the eSIM to Primary in the Cellular data settings. I have removed my old physical Bell sim. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advance for the help! 

IMG_1456.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

grace525_

Yes you were correct, I needed to get a new eSIM. I spoke with PM support and they gave me a $5 credit to buy a new eSIM. I went through the mobile app and set up the new eSIM, since then it’s been working. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

so, no Bell service, it is not a porting problem as I said.

just an account problem with PM.  Your account might not have fully setup or you might need a new eSIM.  But check with PM .  You likely cannot open ticket with PM using Chatbot , so message them 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

grace525_

No, it now says SOS in the service bars.

grace525_

I never received a text from Bell to accept the port. 

slusagm

after you put the Bell sim card, do you still have Bell service?

grace525_

Update: my phone number is not working. I cannot send/receive calls and my SMS is not working. I have submitted a ticket to Public Mobile to resolve this and re-inserted my original Bell SIM card. 

slusagm

your screenshot shows you only have wifi and no mobile status bar, how can you receive calls?

looks to me it has nothing to do with porting.  But ask PM to check.  Plese use the orange charbot icon on lower right, type Submit ticket and choose Contact Us and it will bring you to ticket open screen

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the bell sim still working then the port failed. If a landline it can take up to a week to port. If it was a cell did you get a text asking you to say yes to?

Need Help? Let's chat.