cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after recent iOS update

Mark8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After the most recent upgrade on my iPhone (15.2.1), I am now having trouble getting and keeping cellular service. The phone keeps displaying the message: ‘cellular network unavailable until carrier update performed’,  yet when I go into my settings there are no updates available. 

A little troubleshooting shows that after I reset the network settings and force restart, it will sometimes regain service for a short period of time, then it goes dark on me again. I have tried removing my the SIM card, that does nothing. 

Has anyone else been dealing with this? Will there be a carrier update coming out soon? What should my next step be to sort this out? 

9 REPLIES 9

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow I'm not the OP.. 🙂

hi @Camera4617   @Mark8 

I would try to connect the phone to the computer and make sure everything is updated with iTune

If it still fail, run a full backup and try Factory Reset

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm on iPhone and iOS 15.2.1 without any issues.. Where do you go in Settings to check for carrier update?

Mark8

Yes, there are no more updates available

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mark8 

It sounds like you have done all of the normal troubleshooting but just in case since you didnt mention them:

1. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  2. Change networks from 4G LTE to 3G.

Otherwise what has been suggested for this iOS update glitch is either:

1. Downgrade to iOS 14.1
  2. Factory reset after back up of data.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mark8 

Even though this won't help you: We haven't heard reports lately from other iPhone users.

I suspect that needing an update from the carrier is not the real problem here. I see no reason having an older version of the baseband would render your phone unable to connect to the network. There hasn't been a major change to the frequencies or basic configuration of the Telus network recently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark8 : Can you connect to wifi (not cell data) and go into About phone and check for updates.

Mark8

iPhone 7, purchased years ago from groupon. Apple service directed me to contact the network provider and ask about carrier updates

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mark8 

I would contact Apple first.

What iPhone is it? When and where did you buy it? It sure sounds like a warranty issue, if your phone is still under one.

Need Help? Let's chat.