cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after activation

PatrickXing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got the sim card and actived it about 3 hours ago. Every step was smooth and I payed my first bill successfully, my accout shows its actived. But I tried diferent apple devices, they all no service, and I called the new number, It says the number you reached is not in service. I think my sim card isn't actived successfully. What can I do? 

13 REPLIES 13

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

The port is likely not complete yet.

Uhm.... a little "late to the party" - read the last post on the previous page. 😉 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The port is likely not complete yet. Continue to use previous provider's sim until it stops working at which point the port is complete. Insert PM sim to continue to use service. Reboot phone, if necessary.

@PatrickXing wrote:

Four hours after I private message the Moderator Team, they told me its an error in the back end of system and tech team has fixed it. Everything works fine now. Thanks : )

Glad it's working now, and thank you for returning to the thread, and updating us! 👍

Unfortunately, a lot of people come here with an issue, get LOTS of advice, and never return to let us know if they got it fixed, or not, and if they did, which advice helped them. 🙄 

You are welcome @PatrickXing . Glad that the collective could help you.  Have a great weekend. 

@PatrickXing wrote:

Four hours after I private message the Moderator Team, they told me its an error in the back end of system and tech team has fixed it. Everything works fine now. Thanks : )

PatrickXing

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PatrickXing  Sounds like you account was not provisioned properly. You need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to fix it.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@PatrickXing If all the solutions fail . Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Could you try leaving sim in and connect the phone to iTunes to see if it pushes an update?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you try another phone that is confirmed working with Telus/Koodo/pm. If you can walk into Telus outer Koodo store they may be able to let you test on a loaner

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@PatrickXing turn off your phone, remove and reinsert the SIM and turn your phone back on. What happened?

@PatrickXing wrote:

I just got the sim card and actived it about 3 hours ago. Every step was smooth and I payed my first bill successfully, my accout shows its actived. But I tried diferent apple devices, they all no service, and I called the new number, It says the number you reached is not in service. I think my sim card isn't actived successfully. What can I do? 

PatrickXing

Thanks for reply. I just seleted the new nubmer, dind't port from other company. Nothing works on the phone, no service at all. I tried my unlocked iphone 7p and iphone 11, restarted them several times, still no service.

@Dunkman wrote:

@PatrickXing 

More details may be helpful.

Did you port over from another company?

Are you able to text out or call out with the PM Sim card?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you port a number from another provider or is it a brand new number?

Does it say at least public mobile on your phone or nothing at all?

Is your phone or phones unlocked?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@PatrickXing 

More details may be helpful.

Did you port over from another company?

Are you able to text out or call out with the PM Sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.