cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response for 6 days, unable to use service due to porting problems - Please help!!

liselle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been unable to use my phone for six days now after initiating a number port to PM from Telus. The old Telus SIM no longer works and I received an email from them stating that they were sorry to see me go. 

When browsing the internet I am redirected to a page stating that I have either exhausted the data in my base plan, roaming in the USA, phone was lost, or account suspended for inactivity.

When placing phone calls (including local calls) a message plays stating that I don't have a long distance add-on. After purchasing a long distance addon the message remains the same.

All incoming phone calls are directed to voicemail. All SMS messages fail to send/receive.

I've opened a ticket with Public Mobile and sent private messages to @Mary_M and @Shazia_K but have yet to hear any reply.

8 REPLIES 8

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for the update
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

josephcommerce
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi...

all work for me now.

Thank you for the follow up.

Cheers... to Public Mobile Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
Amazing work Shaz 🙂

People, PLEASE include the account number with your old provider when sending a private message about a porting problem. It's saves everyone time, including yourselves.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @liselle

I'm sorry for the late reply, 

Can you please reboot your phone? everything should be functional.

@Stroz

I need the chat-r account # to resubmit the port. 

@josephcommerce

I see that the port has completed and services are fully active. Are you having any other issues? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Stroz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I have the exact same problems with incoming calls going straight to vmail and unable to send and receive sms.

I hope you get your problem solved wuickly and I hope that mine will be solved shortly after.

I am happy though to know that I am not the only one with this issue. Makes me feel that I am not the problem.

🙂

vroomr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

Have you checked your DELETED ITEMS in your emails? That is where all my correspondence with public support team went.

see http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/If-you-have-never-had-any-message-from-PM-...

Vroomr

josephcommerce
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now all you need to do is wait...

You did as much as you can now.

but keep following up with the MOD..

Public mobility is swapt.. still and back log with the fall promo.

They did not expect that many people switched over.. but it was a successful promo...

Rockdaddy22
You've done the right thing, unfortunately it's a waiting game now.
Need Help? Let's chat.