cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network on new activation

Uk372
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, i am facing a weird issue. I have no network and when someone calls  it says 6umc2 something  like that. My phone is xiaomi redmi note 5 pro and its unlocked and its has miui global edition. I hace tried using sim on my other phone which is samsung s9 and already has public mobile connection but sim did mot work on samsung s9 as well. My account is active on self service  i have tried using lost stolen trick but no success. I have no idea how to solve this. If anybody has any idea please let me know. I have also tried changing my band frequency and only used one sim 3g network preferred and apn has no problem.

8 REPLIES 8

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would try a new SIM and swap out the old one. Log into your account once you have a new SIM and enter the number of that new SIM. 

Before doing this , make sure you have a cell number with Public Mobile and an account number. 

Gregmt

I would really try a new SIM card if you have not already. Sign into your account and click on change SIM card. Enter new SIM. Only do this if you have an account number and cell number. 

Cheers. 

Uk372

@CS_Agent please help me out its been 3 days now i have no service.

Uk372

Almost 72 hours now and still no reply from a mod. This is beyond ridiculous j have tried using sim on differ  mobiles it says sim not registered and only mod can help me out and here i am stuck 

Uk372

I hope someone  replies me back soon its been 48 hours and i have no service which is frustrating.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gregmt wrote:

I would try 2 things. First I would purchase a replacement SIM and then log into my account and switch SIM. Enter the number of the new SIM and see how that goes. If that does not work, then private message the moderator team and see if a network reset from their end will do the trick. To me it sounds like a defective SIM. 

Cheers. 

@GregmtDefective sim is very rare, I have never seen a sim replacement solve any issue except needing a PUK unlock code or the sim physically would not fit in a replacement device due to an ancient sim card in my time on these forums. On the other hand new activation's not properly configured being solved by the moderator team is a frequent occurrence. You may be right, but odds say it would be a waste of $10+tax and might be better handled as a secondary option.

Gregmt

I would try 2 things. First I would purchase a replacement SIM and then log into my account and switch SIM. Enter the number of the new SIM and see how that goes. If that does not work, then private message the moderator team and see if a network reset from their end will do the trick. To me it sounds like a defective SIM. 

Cheers. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Uk372 wrote:

Hello, i am facing a weird issue. I have no network and when someone calls  it says 6umc2 something  like that. My phone is xiaomi redmi note 5 pro and its unlocked and its has miui global edition. I hace tried using sim on my other phone which is samsung s9 and already has public mobile connection but sim did mot work on samsung s9 as well. My account is active on self service  i have tried using lost stolen trick but no success. I have no idea how to solve this. If anybody has any idea please let me know. I have also tried changing my band frequency and only used one sim 3g network preferred and apn has no problem.

@Uk372Since you have verified your sim is not working on another phone that does work with public mobile and tried a few different tricks you should contat the mod team as it sounds like there is something wrong with the account. Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

Need Help? Let's chat.