cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer goes to VM when phone is off/busy!!!

thefish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just noticed if someone calls me but my phone is off/airplane mode or busy the caller still hears the ringing and doesn't know it's off and thinks we're not answering. I just tried it with my dad too!

Can someone test this and see if I'm not going crazy!!???

6 REPLIES 6

@thefish wrote:

. It will not go to VM right away like it should if it's off, just rings and then finally goes to VM. 

@thefish  at least it is working , kind of  🙂

You have an iPhone XR.  Do you know if VoLTE is working?  Before you make calls, check to see if it shows 4G or LTE.  Then during a call, check if it  still stays on 4G/LTE

If it is, then you have VoLTE enabled and working.  You can then open ticket with support and ask them to check if they can fix the Conditional forwarding.  We were told they can only fix the conditional forward problem if VoLTE is enabled on a compatible phone.  It might fully fix your VM issue

To open ticket with support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

thefish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No not using an external VM.

I checked the call forwarding in settings, it is off.

I dialed ##004# and got that screen that said success.

I reset my entire network settings.

I turned my phone off and back on, still nothing... It will not go to VM right away like it should if it's off, just rings and then finally goes to VM. 

Using Iphone XR ios 16.5. 

Never had this issue before, new thing that is very odd, happening across a bunch of phones we have so I figure this may be a PM network problem. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@thefish  were you using conditional forwarding earlier?  

Conditional forwarding could be broken since the enabling of VoLTE

Try to reset all forwarding to default by dialing  ##004#

That should make it goes to VM

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@thefish i just turned my phone on airplane mode and called it from another line, it went to my voicemail.

Can you try restarting your phone or perform a reset of the device's network settings. Maybe this will reset things.

Check your Supplementary Service settings, is there anything looking off there?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Worked fine for me. Are you using an external voicemail system? It is likely to to do with conditional call forwarding. Even with the standard voicemail. Do you know if your device has been enabled for volte?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thefish , I turned off my phone and tried calling it.  Indeed I got several rings before going to voicemail.  Maybe this is the new way call forwarding works.  I know that with the implementation of VoLTE, a lot of phones had issues with conditional forwarding.  

Edit:  I checked the call forwarding on the network and it was turned off.  Not sure how that happened.  Check your call forwarding settings.  

Need Help? Let's chat.