cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID

Morgan20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

a few people I’ve phoned have said my contact has come up as a private number even though I’m added in their phone with my name. Any ideas why?

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Morgan20 wrote:

a few people I’ve phoned have said my contact has come up as a private number even though I’m added in their phone with my name. Any ideas why?

@Morgan20 

This may be an issue on the person's end that you are calling (but you mentioned a few....so, humm?).

Did you confirm that you are not blocked on their device?

They could try deleting you from their contacts, then re-adding you.

There was a someone else complaining about this issue, but I am not sure what their solution was. 

I really don't know if CSA can see anything on the account side of things to make sure something didn't change.

If after you trouble shoot this and still showing private see what CSA says (and report back): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@Morgan20 wrote:

how would I change it 

Do you mean settings?

Start phone app and poke around until you find caller ID settings. Or search Internet (I hate to say 'google it' as google is the major spy company in the world) how to do it based on your phone brand/model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Morgan20 : Depends on your phone but dig down in to your dialer settings and find the setting to show your number.

Morgan20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how would I change it 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

On Samsung S7, bring up the phone app, settings, more settings, show my caller id, hide/show/network default.

Or you might have some 3rd party app installed blocking your caller id

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Morgan20 : Your phone dialer would have an option to hide or unhide your number. Perhaps it's on hide.

Need Help? Let's chat.