cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Talk Service

cadmusont
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both mine and my wife's phones can't send or receive calls.  Signal shows 4 bars but no calls in or out.  Started today. 

10 REPLIES 10

cadmusont

This summer I'm bringing my snorkel and fins!!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cadmusont 

Lol...never thought of that. Those poor raccoons just don't get any respect. I may have temporarily stolen your canoe to get across the lake.....our go to camping spot when I lived in Toronto. There's a full bottle of tequila sitting at the bottom of that lake....well aged now!

Happy to hear it was just a temporary issue.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

cadmusont

Thanks for the reply, darlicious.  Must be a network issue as both mine and my wife's cells were impacted at the same time.  Don't know if you know, but Coon Lake is no more (not physically but in name) due to political correctness.  Been there many times canoeing.

cadmusont

Yes pubmonewbie, mine started working miraculously about an hour or so ago.  Hopefully that's the end of it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cadmusont 

It could just be network issues period. Lakefield....fond memories for me! I was married on Coon Lake. Quite awhile ago now along with those crown jewels that were revealed there.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

pubmonewbie

So much for my regional network theory (unless there are national network issues?). I might not have noticed if it wasn't for some critical banking I had to do over phone/email at the time, what a bad time for these problems! I was told to re-insert my SIM card and stuff, but I won't get to that till this evening. I will also try powering down and back on, but since my service seems to be back this past 1.5 hours I'm hoping it's just a weird network thing. Good luck, cadmusont!

cadmusont

Lakefield, Ontario

pubmonewbie

I posted a similar issue just over an hour ago, I'm in central Alberta. Not sure of your location, but I'm guessing there are regional network issues that are impacting services to some clients. I started getting my text messages and phone service closer to 15:00 today, seems to be working again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cadmusont  which area you are at?? Province and city?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cadmusont 

Your signal strength is showing you 4 LTE connection not your 3G network connection that voice calls use. Try switching to the 3G only connection and see if you can make and recieve calls.

You can also see a proper reading of your signal strength by going to About phone>>SIM status>>Signal strength>> ideally you want a reading  between -60dBm to -90dBm. Anything above -110dBm is practically unusable. Taking a reading both inside and outside of your home is helpful as well. This could be a temporary issue with cell tower equipment upgrades in your area.

Test and give us an update to we can advise you further.

Need Help? Let's chat.