cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIN card

DanhongChen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lose my SIN card.How can I buy the SIN card with my old number?

5 REPLIES 5

DanhongChen

Thanks!

DanhongChen

Thanks

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

A couple points to make, @DanhongChen 

Did you only lose the SIM card, and not the device that the SIM card was in?

If only the SIM card, definitely do what @softech  & @darlicious  advise above.

If BOTH, once you get a new device and SIM card, it's as easy as inserting the new SIM card into the new device.   Just make sure to use the correct adapter sizing.   

DO NOT activate the new SIM card, if you do you'll lose your number or will have unnecessarily generated a 2nd public mobile account, use the Change SIM feature as indicated on self-serve.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DanhongChen 

Go to any retail location and buy an unactivated pm sim card and perform a sim swap using your email for the 2FA verification code or contact customer support to perform the sim swap for you. Pm sim cards can be obtained cheaper by ordering from pm (currently $5) or CCS ($3) if you don't mind waiting for them to arrive in approximately 5 days.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DanhongChen SIM card?  Check with local Mobile stores,  like those in Walmart or Loblaws or Koro store.  They should charge you only around $10 not not too much more.

Once you got the new SIM card, login to My Account and click Change SIM card and select use email to receive 2FA code and it should complete shortly after

Need Help? Let's chat.