cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

JeannettePink
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I canceled my TELUS account and activated a Public Mobile account but when I put in the Public sim card I still have no service. What am I doing wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

@JeannettePink wrote:

ok I just got telus to reactivate my account

now how do I request another message from them to transfer the number?

@JeannettePink   and your Telus number is now working (can receving call and texts) ?

Call the number I sent you.    I sent you via Community inbox here

E-Community_Inbox.png

that is PM porting support team, they can provide you the poring status and re-trigger the porting process.

JeannettePink

ok I just got telus to reactivate my account

now how do I request another message from them to transfer the number?

@JeannettePink 

The Public Mobile account having no serrvice isn't a number porting issue.  You will need to also get that sorted out.

@JeannettePink  oh..like cancelled, cancelled? How long ago?

Call Telus to tell them you want to port the number...OR, contact CSA here at public to see if they can recover the number..if possible.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

JeannettePink

Yes I asked for my number to be transferred but unfortunately did not know to wait for telus message

now I've canceled telus account and not sure how to get my public sim account to work  

@JeannettePink   how long was it since you request porting?

There is  a  number you can call to talk to live support person.   they can retrigger the process.  I will private message you the phone number.  Check the Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JeannettePink - if you replied to the SMS text on the Telus SIM card try restarting your phone.

Also check self serve that your account is showing ACTIVE, or call 611 with the PM SIM in your phone to check.

And, you can also try a reset of your network settings on the device.

JeannettePink

no I switched sim cards right away and didn't get a message from telus

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@JeannettePink If you cancelled your service you won't be able to transfer your number unless you call them, they may release it since it's the same company 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JeannettePink hello did you transfer your number to public if so you need to leave your tellus sim in to receive meesage to transfer reply yes also your tellus account needs to be active or they won't release number 

Need Help? Let's chat.