cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on Iphone 6

timersk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No Service on Iphone 6

I tried everything on this website besides request a ticket to Public Mobile tech support which I am doing with this message.

-have tried pwring down back on

-resetting network settings

-restart all settings

-reseated sim card

-tried sim card in a known good iphone with public mobile service.  I get No Service on that phone so I know it is not hardware but with my account.

I checked my online account of course before all this and saw my balance was zero but not really sure from all the mumbo jumbo if I have data but at least I should have phone service which I do not.  Not able to make outgoing call on cell phone.  Calls incoming go direct to my voicemail.  I topped up my account with $40 payment even though I have not had to do that once in the past two years with this account.  I find it most annoying that the tech support I get knows nothing about accounts and refers you to this community.  How much would it cost to have tech support in the Philippines?

Could someone from public mobile please investigate my account why it is switched off.

Thanks,

Tim

5 REPLIES 5

timersk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the information.  Ticket created.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Either Sim got stolen or payment has not fully gone through. I would check both of these in your account when you login. Check to see that the sim number on your account matches what you have in your phone. While youre still logged in to your account I would also check to see if you owe any money and that your credit information is also correct. Start there first and let us know if these aspects are ok

@timersk 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Let us know!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@timersk wrote:

No Service on Iphone 6

I tried everything on this website besides request a ticket to Public Mobile tech support which I am doing with this message.

-have tried pwring down back on

-resetting network settings

-restart all settings

-reseated sim card

-tried sim card in a known good iphone with public mobile service.  I get No Service on that phone so I know it is not hardware but with my account.

I checked my online account of course before all this and saw my balance was zero but not really sure from all the mumbo jumbo if I have data but at least I should have phone service which I do not.  Not able to make outgoing call on cell phone.  Calls incoming go direct to my voicemail.  I topped up my account with $40 payment even though I have not had to do that once in the past two years with this account.  I find it most annoying that the tech support I get knows nothing about accounts and refers you to this community.  How much would it cost to have tech support in the Philippines?

Could someone from public mobile please investigate my account why it is switched off.

Thanks,

Tim

@timersk 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Community members on this forum are customers like yourself.  We can provide some advice that many times will solve your issue.  If we can't help, then you would need to submit ticket for moderator help.  

Is your account status active?  or suspended?  in your self service account.

Also check the last 4 digits of your SIM card in your self service account against the physical SIM card in your phone.  There have been some SIM jacking scams recently.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timersk : if you can still login to your self-serve then go into Change SIM and take note of the last 4 digits of your registered SIM card. Then compare that to the actual one in your phone. Are they the same?

If not then don't log out yet. There's more. See first.

Need Help? Let's chat.