cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service after Activation

kgb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently tried to activate with Public Mobile. I followed all of their steps and on my account with Public Mobile it says I am activated and should be all good. I called my old company and nothing on their end should be keeping things from working. I have tried shutting my phone off and taking the SIM card out and putting it back in. I filed a ticket with Public Mobile yesterday but I have not heard anything. I still have no service and I am feeling really frustrated. Any advice? 

9 REPLIES 9
Moved:

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kgb1 could your phone be locked to the previous provider? If so, they should be able to unlock it for you without an issue.

Have you confirmed your phone is compatible with Public Mobile? What is your brand/model?

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz (band 5), 1900 MHz (band 2) and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

JanLu9999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try another phone, maybe that should work. Otherwise, try This. Type "Customer Support" without answering any of SIMon's questions. Then, when prompted, click "Contact Us." Then select the one that most closely matches your problem and try submitting another ticket. This worked for me, at least.

@kgb1   It could be just SIM provisioning issue then.  It is an easy fix for PM but you just need to open ticket with them.  Please open the ticket using one of the 2 ways:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

kgb1

@softech yes I did request porting my number and my old provider says the number is ported and everything is all good on their end. I cannot make calls and it just says "call failed"

@kgb1 

That fact your OTHER provider SIM card is no longer functioning is a good sign the port occurred and Public Mobile has your number from the prior provider.

That, in of itself, is at least progress.

kgb1

@Dunkman that is a good idea I'll try it in another phone. My old carrier SIM card is not working. I have no service with either SIM card. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

You can also try the PM SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  Is your old carrier SIM card still working?  

Maybe try network reset of phone.  

Response time from customer service agents vary.  Usually within  a few hours, but sometimes up to 1-2 days.  Check your private message inbox (envelope icon upper right corner) for response.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kgb1   You requested porting number from your old provider into PM?

When you put your PM SIM into a phone, can you make outgoing calls?

If you cannot make outgoing calls, does the phone shows any error like "SIM not provisioned"? "SIM error"? "No network"?

Need Help? Let's chat.