cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM Card Reader

JLoxton91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently purchased a new SIM card. When I am out of wifi range and on data my phone will read no SIM card. How can I trouble shoot this? 

13 REPLIES 13

@JLoxton91 

You may find a paper shim or a little bit of carefully placed tape to keep your sim card in place will help solve your issue.

@JLoxton91 wrote:

Yes I just activated. Everything works fine.  Periodically when I am on data it reads no SIM card, and I can not receive any incoming calls or texts.

So, everything works well .. but sometimes, it might say no SIM card?  In that case, would a reboot resolve the issue for you?  As mentioned above, the SIM might not be sitting properly.  A SIM reseat might help.

@JLoxton91 wrote:

Yes I just activated. Everything works fine.  Periodically when I am on data it reads no SIM card, and I can not receive any incoming calls or texts.

Hi @JLoxton91 

Okay, maybe the SIM is not quite sitting properly in your phone's SIM slot.

Can you remove the SIM and gently clean it with an eraser tip. Also, you can gently blow in the SIM slot of your phone.

If this is a network issue, when this happens again, toggle into airplane mode for a minute, then back to regular mode. See if this re-finds the SIM card/network.

It would not hurt to do a RESET of the Network Settings on the device you are using.

To test whether this is a device or network issue...are you able to text your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile phone? I guess, since this is periodically, it may not be the best test, since you may need to use this different phone a a few times to get an accurate test.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JLoxton91 : Are you certain you put the right size of the SIM card in the phone? Intermittent blinks could be an ill-fitting SIM or other internal antenna.

JLoxton91

@JLoxton91 wrote:

I just signed up, the SIM card is brand new

@JLoxton91 

So you just activated a Public Mobile account?

You said when you leave wifi, your phone says "no SIM", but your data works..? 

Is that correct?

Do your incoming/outgoing calls and texts work okay?

JLoxton91

I just signed up, the SIM card is brand new

JLoxton91

Yes my data works 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JLoxton91  how long you have been on PM?  Was the service ever work?

you mentioned you got a new SIM card, did you submit a SIM card swap request with Mod?  Have you been using PM, something happed and therefore you got a new SIM card to replace the old one?  If so, you will need a SIM swap request with the mod.  If you have not done so, you can use this direct link to open a ticket

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

Doomsday

Try this: 

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), or can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data, follow these steps:

Check your coverage area

Make sure that you're in an area with cellular network coverage. Then follow these steps:

• To turn cellular data on or off, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you're using your iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
  • If you're traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming.

Restart your iPhone or iPad

Restart your device. If you're not sure how to do this, follow these steps.

Check for a Carrier Settings update

To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
  3. To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.

If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

Take out the SIM card

After removing the SIM card, put it back in. You might need to contact your carrier:

• If the SIM card is damaged, or doesn't fit in the SIM tray, ask your carrier for a new SIM card.
  • If you transferred your SIM card from another device, ask your carrier if your SIM card works with your iPhone or iPad.

Learn more about removing your SIM card.

Reset your Network Settings.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Update your iPhone or iPad

Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JLoxton91 wrote:

I recently purchased a new SIM card. When I am out of wifi range and on data my phone will read no SIM card. How can I trouble shoot this? 

Did your data ever work on PM network or have you only used wifi so far ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JLoxton91 

More details are needed.  

Are you a new customer or existing one?

Did you activate the PM SIM card? 

If already a PM customer, is your account status active or suspended?

Etc. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.