cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE

OldLadies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So I am a new customer for PM and have a Galaxy S7. All I get for data is 3G. It is still faster than Wind's 4G...

I don't get LTE even when in LTE areas.
17 REPLIES 17

ChameleonX

Hello all.  This solution worked for me as well.  Thank you.

markus

This solution also worked for me as well.

Cheers!

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

glad you got it sorted out. Enjoy the phone and service.

OldLadies

Well using Telus's loader worked. Thank you guys so much. Plus I got to learn something useful when I get my next phone and run into this problem.

OldLadies
Well changing the VPN didn't work. Will try the telus loader when I get home.

I am guessing since I bought it from Wind Mobile they disabled LTE so I don't get faster internet when roaming.

OldLadies

I am home and wont know till tomorrow.  My home is not in an LTE area.

Thanks everybody and this is a great community.

ckl

@JaK I believe you are correct. I missed his post. LOL.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@JaK agreed 🙂

Welcome to our awesome Community @OldLadies 😄

Can you update us and let us know if you are able to get LTE on your phone? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ckl, isn't that the same as what was suggested by @kav2001c above, maybe that was even the thread you were looking for? (Not that it hurts to suggest it again, just wondering if I was missing some difference?)

And in addition to weloming @Barth, let's also throw out a big PM Community welcome to @OldLadies!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Barth,

We are also very happy have you, thank you for choosing Public Mobile! 🙂

Cheers!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ckl

If none of the above solutions work, then you might want to try this
Dial *#272*INSERT_IMEI_NUMBER_HERE# Choose carrier TLS (Telus) and click Install. The phone will restart and do a factory reset and should install the proper settings to enable LTE.

Remember to back up your data first if you any anything you don't want to lose.

I think there was a thread on this somewhere on this forum about having to install the correct carrier settings, I can't find it though.

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Thank you, @srlawren. Thrilled to have found this provider. If I were to imagine a mobile provider, Public Mobile would precisely fit my image.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@OldLadies welcome to the public mobile community!  I suspect as already mentioned, you may have your phone's mobile network preference setting preventing it from connecting using LTE.  Please check and let us know whether that resolves the problem when you have a moment.

@Barth welcome too!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Telus even sells the SM-G930W8 so there should be no issues

Check the settings @JaK posted above first

To reset phone you can view this thread here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Changing-Samsung-Phone-Info/m-p/53208

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @OldLadies

That is the Canadian model so should have no compatibility issues with PM.

The first thing to do is check your Network Mode, it's under More Networks -> Mobile Networks, make sure it is the auto mode that includes LTE.

If that doesn't help, double check your APN settings, there is a article on how at this link  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26.

OldLadies
My model number is SM-G930W8

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So glad you found PM. As another previous Wind subscriber, I am really happy to be here.

Your key is to identify which sub-model of the Galaxy S7 you are using. Based on willmyphonework.net, I expect nine of the thirteen sub-models to be fully compliant with PM's network.

Fully compliant: SM-G930A, SM-G930F, SM-G930FD, SM-G9300, SM-G930K, SM-G930S, SM-G930L, SM-G930W, SM-G9308

Not fully compliant: SM-G930P, SM-G930R, SM-G930T, SM-G930V

If your sub-model is listed in the not fully compliant list, your phone will not connect to the LTE network consistently. Which phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.