cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

David_A
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I just recently changed plans to include Data but I am not getting Data on my phone. I'm wondering if there is something I have to do on my end, if I need another SIM card, or something else? Help/advice needed.

D

10 REPLIES 10

@David_A 

You phone  Leagoo Elite 4 has only one 4G band works with Public (B7 2600).    There is no other 3G band as well

Did you just change your phone and you  weren't using this phone before with PM?   I think you will have problem even receiving voice call with this phone.

David_A

Hey Triguy,

Thanks for the reply. I have had to add the APN myself and it works now. Thanks for help.

D

David_A

Hey Dunkman,

I really appreciated you taking the time to reply and semd all that info to me last time. I FINALLY got it to work and it appears that I am getting data on my phone for the first time since I bought the thing. This is going to open all kinds of other issues for me in future (mostly billing I expect lol) but for now I am quite happy. Thank you again.

D

• Go to Settings
  • Choose Connetions and tap More networks.

• Select Mobile Network then APN (Access Point Name).

David_A

Hey Dunkman,

Sorry for the delayed reply. The phone I have is a Leagoo Elite 4. I have tried to reset it. I have tried to use Airplane mode. I have tried to add the APN info myself (it's an Android) only to notice there is no APN feature on the phone. I have looked everywhere but I am blind or just not seeing it. Getting very discouraged. Help appreciated.

D

@David_A 

Which model phone do you have?  With iPhones, you do not need to usually check APN settings.  It is automatic.  

Simple things to try: enable data, reboot phone, network reset.

With android, you sometimes will need to adjust APN Settings.

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@David_A try resetting your APN settings. Use fly mode for a few mins or alsoLost/stolen feature through self-service. Does your account show that you have data on your plan?

@David_A wrote:

Hi There,

I just recently changed plans to include Data but I am not getting Data on my phone. I'm wondering if there is something I have to do on my end, if I need another SIM card, or something else? Help/advice needed.

The sim cards are the same for all Pulic Mobile plans. If you've never tried using data before, you might have to set up APN settings. You can start by looking here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David_A wrote:

Hi There,

D

You might be able to get it set by turning on cell data and then restarting the phone.

Failing that then if it's an Android phone then you'll need to set the APN.

Need Help? Let's chat.