cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data when I'm out says no internet connection

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Dear Community - do you have any ideas for me and my Iphone6?  I was just out and tried to use FBMessenger to let someone know I was there and my phone said no internet connection.  I have lots of data.  I came home and once connected to my wifi everything was fine, then at home turned the phone on and off and then turned the wifi off on the phone and it said no internet connection.  Any thoughts or should I just contact a Moderator (as a side note I noticed that my data hasn't changed the last few days on my Self Serve Account either...not sure if that is related.  Thanks for any suggestions.  I'm thinking this must be a PM matter and not my phone.

8 REPLIES 8

Dtack

Thanks so much - did the reboot and the toogle airplaine mode on and off ...didn't have to do the Network reboot - Thanks so very  much for your help!!!

@Dtack wrote:

Can you tell me how I do the network reboot?

Roaming should be turned off unless you are in USA using USA roaming add-ons. 

Please know that Network Reset will forget all network settings including WiFi passwords and remembered networks. It is done from Settings > General > Reset. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Dtack 

Most certainly a phone setting.   

I'm presuming your toggling your Mobile Data "on" when not on wi-fi?

Is anyone else in your area/home with Public Mobile and do they experience same issues when using data?

I like the idea of trying your SIM card in someone else's phone to see if, in the same location you have the same issue when using the same service.  (a bit of a challenge to arrange, yes, but a good field test, of sorts...)

Dtack

Can you tell me how I do the network reboot?

Dtack

It just shows green light cellurlar data on and then under Cellular Data Options Roaming (Enable LTE) is on.

@Dtack 

Did data work before with your iphone with Public mobile?

A few basic things to try:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dtack ,

Ensure you have the latest IOS software installed on your phone.

What Mobile Network are you set up with?

esjliv_0-1613253716040.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Dtack Is this something started happening recently? Or it's always been a case? Try using a different phone if you have and see if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.