cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5X hidden warranty

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Has anyone experienced their Nexus 5X going into a boot loop? I don't know what that is, but if anyone is having the issue read this: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/186940/20161125/lg-cant-fix-nexus-5x-bootloop-issue-so-its-offerin...

Here is another forum's discussion on the issue: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Nexus-5x-boot-loop/td-p/19829373

In Europe LG phones have a 2 year warranty; don't know if it's the same here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
7 REPLIES 7

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Just wanted to update for those people who may run into the same issue since it is so common. I got my wife's phone back after about two weeks. The issue was motherboard related, as we know. They sent me a refurbished phone (at least I assume it is instead of brand new, the IMEI is different from my wife's old phone). They did not require proof of purchase and it cost us nothing. Pretty easy experience. New/refurbished phone is working fine.

pizza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Wafik I'm so sorry Smiley Sad I love my 5X, too, but just like you said -- it's like playing Russian Roulette. 

I think the sale on the Pixels was *supposed* to last until the 26th or so, but it ended without warning late last week. 

I'd imagine there will be another discount on the Pixels before the Pixel 2's arrive... We'll see...

Wafik

The Pixel was on sale?  Ah man, that's just a tease to know.

I love my 5x, but I feel like I am playing Russian Roulette waiting for the bootloop issue to just show up one day.  Thankfully there is apparently a fix for it now as long as you have OEM unlocking enabled.

pizza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm on my THIRD Nexus 5X in 1.5 years. Gosh, what a mess! I finally bit the bullet and decided to upgrade to a Google Pixel when they were on sale last week on the Google store. 

I just can't trust my 5X anymore! This newest one seems to work better than the previous two so far, but I can't have a phone that randomly and unexpectedly becomes a brick. Agggghhhh. 

Wafik

My wife has run into the bootloop issue.  I'm in the process of starting warranty action for it and will update on the results.

I just wanted to add on to this thread to help anyone with problem in the future that the number to call in Canada is 1-800-553-9169, which will save you having to be transfered around.

Also, LG doesn't seem to know how to find the IMEI on their own phone, and Googling fails to turn up results of a way to find the IMEI if your phone won't turn on because you are stuck in the boot loop, but the sim card tray actually has the IMEI on it for the Nexus 5x.

I hope this saves you time when you run into the same issue.

I wish I would have done my research before purchasing this phone in November!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

It could just be me, but I keep reading about issues in Nexus series , not sure wether it is just me or what. 

Edit: But I have to admit , a full refund, that is great.

Edit 2 : Maybe I am just reading posts from Nexus haters XD

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire
Boot loop happened to me, after 1.5 years. Even though it was out of warranty, Google sent a replacement free of charge because it was a known issue.
Need Help? Let's chat.