cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joannegp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just self-activated a new account and ported over from FM.  Everything went pretty smooth. Was referred by a relative so we received the $10 but they only received $10 not the $20 advertised.  Do I request the correction or them?  Also I was told at the Walmart Kiosk when I purchased the sim that international long distance would also be included when I did the self activation. It didn't show up. How do I resolve that as well?  Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7

That is my guess @totalUser . I have been getting the $20 referral credits the next morning but as noted it could be up to 72 hours. Your friend should have received a text message very quickly like below. And they should be able to see the $1 Refer a Friend credit in their online account. You will get the $10 referral credit as the new customer. If none of this has happened, something may have gone wrong with the referral.

AE_Collector

66FBAE94-A456-4F9D-A301-24C6A3C96070.jpeg

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Ask them to check the payment history

It should be called 'referral credit' if it is indeed 10 referral credit they should contact Moderators. Most likely it is another bonus (like 10 off for 6 months which usually clicks in at the beginning of the month

Joannegp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks very much!!!

I am wondering if the $10 they received could be due to something else. The promo is still on as per self serve.

If your friend received nothing, the appropriate action would be for you to contact @CS_Agent . Have your friend check their referral numbers and see if your last four digits appear. If they do, then as @hairbag1 says, he can contact the mods himself.

Here's a step by step for picking up your 400 international min and 1GB add on Holiday gifts.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Step-by-Step-How-to-get-your-Holiday-Gi...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Joannegp wrote:

Just self-activated a new account and ported over from FM.  Everything went pretty smooth. Was referred by a relative so we received the $10 but they only received $10 not the $20 advertised.  Do I request the correction or them?  Also I was told at the Walmart Kiosk when I purchased the sim that international long distance would also be included when I did the self activation. It didn't show up. How do I resolve that as well?  Thanks!!

If your relative hasn't recieved the full $20 after 72 hours, have them click the ? in lower right side of the page to start process of moderator assistance. Type "contact moderator" and follow instructions.

Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

How do I get my free 1GB of data and international calling?

To add these add-ons to your account:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 1GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

Capture.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.