cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darcy666
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey.

I'm just posting to say as of 4am EST this morning, I became a PM customer. My package is 90 days, Canada-wide calling, global text and 6gb of data. Signing up was pretty straightforward and hasslefree. And to top it all off, I popped the sim into my phone, and everything worked. Despite everything I've read on here the last few weeks as a guest, everything worked. I tested the data, the text and International text and the voice. The voice calls are clear and I didn't have any drop all day. Now, this is my first 24 hours with the service, and of course anything can happen. However, as of right now I'm pretty happy with it.

Just to add, I didn't port a number over, I picked a new one because at the time I wasn't with another mobile carrier. Maybe that paired with the fact that I missed the promo made things go so smoothly for me? Who knows?

My only gripe so far is that when I receive a call, the person on the other end tells me it takes a while for them to actually start hearing the ringback after they dial my number. I tried calling my cell from my house phone and noticed the same thing. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue? However, it's not a huge deal as everything works.

Over the next 3 months, I look forward to seeing how the service performs and it's cheaper than the last carrier I was with before I cancelled my service with them.

9 REPLIES 9

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Darcy666 hail Darcy. The longer you stay the better will be. You will see 🙂 Welcome to PM 

Darcy666
It was Virgin.

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What provider did you use before?  Was it Telus/Koodo or another provider?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any bars of LTE is good for me 🙂

@Darcy666 2 bars is pretty good, because I get that in Guelph. Mind you, I'm in a concrete apartment building.

Darcy666

Right now, since I'm in rural Ontario I'm getting about 2 bars of LTE. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How many bars of service do you have and what kind of phone are you using?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Darcy666  Welcome to the PM Community and thanks for posting your positive experience.  I also had a smooth transition and I came in during the promo and ported over 2 numbers from Rogers and helped my Sister in law port over from Koodo with no issues at all.  I won't say that the majority of issues were uesr related but there have been quite a few where it was noticed that a wrong account number or IMEI number was inputed and that caused the porting problem. 

Again welcome to the community

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile (and back to mobile connectivity), @Darcy666!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.