cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, transferred old number from Fido, can't receive phones&texts, no data, can only call

tonypublicmobil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @Moderator_Team,

I activated my SIM card online last night and signed up for the $40/month 5G data plan. public mobile plan.JPGI also tried to transfer my old number(77*******9 - service provider is Fido). After the SIM card activation, this number seems to encouter a few issues: 

1. Can't receive any calls&texts

2. Zero data

3. Can't text other people

The only service that works at the moment is I can make calls. My account number is 10000001****** and current in-use phone number is 77********9. Please let me know if you need any additional info and thanks for the help in advance.

EDITED BY SHAWNC removed personal data

9 REPLIES 9

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I suggest you contact a PM Moderator.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Thank you,

mj23

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@tonypublicmobil wrote:

Hi @Moderator_Team,

I activated my SIM card online last night and signed up for the $40/month 5G data plan. public mobile plan.JPGI also tried to transfer my old number(77*******9 - service provider is Fido). After the SIM card activation, this number seems to encouter a few issues: 

2. Zero data

The only service that works at the moment is I can make calls. My account number is 10000001****** and current in-use phone number is 77********9. Please let me know if you need any additional info and thanks for the help in advance.

1 could be porting issue or porting  not complete. Keep using Fido service to recieve until complete.

2 could be apn issue

3 could be message centre setting being set wrong

helpinghand12

I know it seems simple but did you try restarting your phone.  I just ported my number and had the same issue until I restarted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonypublicmobil wrote:

Thank you for the help guys. One question, I also tried to get a number change under "Plan and Add-Ons" and "Change Phone Number" yet all I got is Phone Number change failed.

I'm not clear on the chronology. You activated and took a new number and then ported? Or you activated and ported in the process?

If you took a new number and then ported then you can only change numbers once in 30 days. The evidence would suggest that porting is like a change number.

tonypublicmobil

Thank you for the help guys. One question, I also tried to get a number change under "Plan and Add-Ons" and "Change Phone Number" yet all I got is Phone Number change failed.

tonypublicmobil

Thank you for removing my personal data:)

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try using your Fido SIM card, the phone number likely hasn't moved to PM yet, if your Fido SIM still works keep using that until it stops working then change back to the Public Mobile SIM and it should be working.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tonypublicmobil wrote:

Hi @Moderator_Team,

2. Zero data

I edited your post to remove personal data as this is a public forum.  It sounds like you have a stuck port and will need to contact the moderators for assistance.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @tonypublicmobil 

Here it's a public forum we are customers like you and no access to your account ...no personal information....to hide  just click on the 3 dots in your message...

Need Help? Let's chat.