cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to public mobile just getting setup

deboerfarms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought my sim card in store with a referral code. 

1. I do not see any credits on my account from the referral code how do I know it worked? $10 credit and 1 free month? 

If this was done incorrectly in store how do I correct it I have a code that expires at the end of today. 

2. I need to port over my old phone number and was told I needed to contact a moderator to do so on the community can someone help me with this? 

6 REPLIES 6

Yeah that was my first though as well, I thought this was a Do it Yourself activation at home promo, not an activation at a dealer. Though awhile back this always caused hard feelings and they finally seemed to stop differentiating between online and dealer acticvations.

I think that another aspect would be if you registered your email address In the last couple of days for this promo before heading to the store to get activated.

AE_Collector

Hi @deboerfarms ,

Note -  @gblackma's post when mentioning activating "in-store" as opposed to "online", in regards to the current promotion going on right now.

So if you activated in-store expecting to get this current promotion, you may need clarification/confirmation from the moderators about this. Refer to my first post on how to inquire about this with them.

Good luck!

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until August 31, 2020, 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before August 31, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate before September 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by September 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

deboerfarms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! Very quick responses from everyone! 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@deboerfarms the $10 Will be deposited into your self service account within 72 hours. Since you activated your SIM card in store, I'm not sure that you are eligible for the 2md month free. 

To port your number type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to a moderator. Give them the name on the account,  number to port and the previous providers account number. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

1.  It can take up to 72 hours for the $10 credit.  Usually, you have to pay for the first month and get a credit for the second month.

2. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@deboerfarms wrote:

I bought my sim card in store with a referral code. 

1. I do not see any credits on my account from the referral code how do I know it worked? $10 credit and 1 free month? 

If this was done incorrectly in store how do I correct it I have a code that expires at the end of today. 

2. I need to port over my old phone number and was told I needed to contact a moderator to do so on the community can someone help me with this? 

Hi @deboerfarms  - First of all - WELCOME!

1.  the $10 credit should show up on your self serve account within 72 hours of activating.

1a.  the 2nd month free should show up within the next 30 days (if you meet all the criteria of the promo)

** If it was done incorrectly in store see # 2. below to contact moderators.

2. To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

A-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1598915735341.png

OR

B-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.