Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

Shawn_Britton1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone I bought new SIM card I want to activate it to my old plan

10 REPLIES 10

HI @BEER   to "transfer" the number to a new sim card, people need to login to My Account, go to Profile, and use the Change sim card option there

Also, couple people confirmed that this Change sim card only works on desktop/laptop and not mobile phone, something to do with desktop site vs Mobile site

@BEER wrote:

I was under the impression that one can transfer ones account to a new SIM card - NO-Yes?

Yes, but the instructions that you gave don't do that. It would have opened a new acount.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was under the impression that one can transfer ones account to a new SIM card - NO-Yes?

@BEER wrote:

If you have lost your phone and want to activate a new Public Mobile SIM card to your old plan, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Public Mobile account on their website.
  2. Once you are logged in, click on the "Activate" button at the top of the page.
  3. Choose the "Activate a SIM Card" option.
  4. Enter the SIM card number when prompted.
  5. Follow the instructions to complete the activation process.

Once you have activated your new SIM card, you should be able to use it with your old plan. If you are having any issues with the activation process, you can contact Public Mobile customer support for assistance.

@BEER pretty much the only thing you got right is to login in to self serve.  It is simply then to go to change sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@BEER wrote:

If you have lost your phone and want to activate a new Public Mobile SIM card to your old plan, you can follow these steps:

2. Once you are logged in, click on the "Activate" button at the top of the page.

Once you have activated your new SIM card, you should be able to use it with your old plan. If you are having any issues with the activation process, you can contact Public Mobile customer support for assistance.

Unfortuantely, the above isn't right.  Using the activate SIM card option will open a brand new account and end up costing the customer more money because there will now be two plans being paid for.  This new activated SIM also wouldn't be able to use the old/existing plan.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shawn_Britton1  - prior to swapping out the SIM card number on your My Account, if you listed your account into lost/stolen status, go back to resume/reactivate services, as you may have an issue entering the new 19 digit SIM card number if you don't do this first.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Shawn_Britton1 

And finally, if you've been WITHOUT active service for 90+ days, the account/service is gone. 

In that instance, you would need to go through the complete activation process. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Shawn_Britton1 , changing the SIM card for you existing account must be done using a computer, laptop or desktop, no mobile.  The function is found in the profile tab and is linked in the main tab as well.  Finally, please use incognito mode on the browser when accessing the online account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Log in to your account and under the profile tab use the change sim function. Don't use the activate system. That's for new accounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.