cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim not supported?

JDOCWALC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased a physical SIm card from Public mobile. I was going through the activation process in the app, chose a phone number, and then right away it said it was sending a code to the new number. I hadn't even been instructed to put the SIM card in the phone yet. So I put the SIM card in, and the phone has a notification saying "Sim card not supported". Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

JDOCWALC

Thank you, I actually got it sorted out. Not sure what the issue was but I restarted and it was ok after that.

@JDOCWALC wrote:

Sorry, let me clarify.

It is a Public Mobile SIM card. The phone is a Samsung J3 Prime, purchased originally from Bell mobility.

@JDOCWALC 

Does the phone ask for an unlock code?  It might still be locked to Bell.  

Do you have another phone that you can try the PM SIM card in?  That might help determine whether a phone issues versus a PM service/set up issue. 

JDOCWALC

Sorry, let me clarify.

It is a Public Mobile SIM card. The phone is a Samsung J3 Prime, purchased originally from Bell mobility.

JDOCWALC

And it's fairly old, like 2017-ish.

hi @JDOCWALC Bell sim card cannot be used on PM 

you need to buy the correct Public Mobile sim from local Telus or Koodo store. After you have the card, ask PM support agent to link it to your account. Again, message them here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JDOCWALC

Thank you, I did send a ticket. Hoping to speed things up with help from others 🙂

JDOCWALC

It was purchased from Bell. Am I out of luck here or can it be unlocked?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @JDOCWALC the error just means the card not setup on the system yet.  Message support agent for help here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JDOCWALC  Is you phone locked to another carrier . When and where do you get the phone from 

Need Help? Let's chat.