cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New s24 esim activation

Fidds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I have a s22, and it is eSIM. I have my new s24, and i want to switch to it. But, during the process, the new s24 asks for either a SIM card or a QR code for new esim. I try to purchase new eSIM from public, but it tells me to download the app, which the new s24 will not allow because it is not activated. I tried on my old s22, but it gives me a warning saying that the new esim i am about to purchase is for the phone i am currently on. So how do i get new eSIM QR code? even on my laptop, i can add esim to cart, but it will not let me buy, HELP!!

6 REPLIES 6

Fidds

Hi there, i thought i would give an update. Public mobile was absolutely useless in all this. their support is 0 out of 5, but we know that. What we get for cheap plans i guess. So the only way to get this activated was to insert an old sim card. Then go through the whole process of setting up the new phone, then downloading the app, then buying the QR code. If we could buy the eSIM directly on their website via computer, then get the QR code emailed, it would make all this so much easier. I hope this helps someone.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah that's probably the biggest issue with eSIM. Service providers get to pick and choose how much of a hassle they are to use and many choose to make you pay or lock it to one device.

Fidds

Yes i checked and they dont transfer. But why not allow me to buy on on my laptop, then email me the receipt, with the QR code, to activate? it says so right on this article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

golfball

I'm not sure then. As far as I know Public Mobile doesn't allow transferring eSIM cards so if you put it on the S22 it will be stuck there.

If you have access to a physical SIM you could likely use that to get past this screen.

Fidds

Thanks for the reply. I tried the volume down button, nothing. Its just wanting either a SIM from another device, or to scan a QR code.

golfball

I believe you'll need to activate the S24 and install the app to get the eSIM on there. 

On S23 Ultra you can bypass the SIM requirement by holding the volume down button, you could give that a try.

Need Help? Let's chat.