cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New reward change back

Jasonxie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I accidentally join the new reward program, I want to change back to my old reward program.

10 REPLIES 10

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

Unfortunately they are doing everything they can to get their customers into the inferior rewards program.

They offer an immediate payout - a bribe - to motivate customers. Liquidate your old ongoing Rewards with gradual longterm savings into new Points (Dollars!) that you can spend immediately.

This alone makes it obvious what their intentions are. Customers always come and go but the provider plans to be around (and make a profit) forever.

@dust2dust wrote:

How do you do this accidentally? You logged into the rewards page. You clicked on Join. You confirmed the confirm box. How is it possible to do this accidentally?

But no. It's irreversible. As many have found.

@dust2dust 

It's called being predisposed to something else and click happy!! Others call it an "accident".

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jasonxie   Many people asked before and PM agents firmly confirmed that there is no going back.

Sorry about that.  But they have a jackpot every 3 months for free phones.  Put some points towards it at least on the next jackpot.   Maybe you meant to change to the new reward to get the free phone!!!   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonxie 

I still gasp and feel my stomach drop when I see a post like yours but once you check that box and click join you are in freefall.....all you can do is open your parachute and hope for a soft landing.

There are a few differences the Public Points program offers that you can take advantage of depending on how you use your mobile service and the plan you are on. If you have a $50+ plan you will get more back in points value than the $2 auto pay reward. ($50=2.5pts, $60=3pts, $70=3.5pts+5% points back on all purchases.)

Anniversary points are definitely much less than the loyalty reward the longer you are with pm. However If you suspend your account on a regular basis unlike $$ rewards that will delay the loyalty reward if suspended more than 60 days the anniversary points are awarded each your regardless of the amount of time suspended. In fact if I read the "rules" correctly you continue to earn points when suspended which should also include referrals and "give back" (community) points.

Nearly all add ons in the redemption catalogue are discounted between 25% and up to 50% off the regular price when purchasing them directly thru your self serve account. Only the $15 bill credit (15pts), the $5/500min add on (5pts) and the $5/200mb data add on (5pts) are equal value. As a result if you travel to the US frequently the 10 Day US Roaming add ons have good discounts such as the data offerings :

US Roaming Data add ons: 1gb/15pts=$15 (25% off), 500mb/10pts=$10 (33% off) and 250mb/5pts=$5 (50% off)

Similarly if you are on the $25 plan but are a generally low usage user you may want to consider downgrading and using add ons to supplement the $15 plan. Purchase the $5/500min add on as most customers find they only use an extra 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days ($1) if that! Redeem points for the 1gb data add on (10pts=$10). This will give you 250mb of plan data and 1gb of roll over data per 30 days. If you only need 500mb of data every 30 days the redemption 1gb data add on will last 4/30 day cycles. Your savings will start to add up :

30 Day plan=$15+$2.50 (extra 250mb of add on data=500mb)=$17.50+$1(extra add on minutes) =$18.50/30 days ($6.50 less/30 days×12=$78/yr). Or using a total of 750mb/30 days=$21 saves $4/30days×12=$48 (Max loyalty is $60/yr if you can save $48/yr+$10/10pts (anniversary)=$58/yr). That's only $2 less than the rewards program or $18 more using the first example.

Lastly you will likely be able to enter the lucky draw for a new Samsung S22 (or ear buds or a brand new tv!) w/June 30th deadline. With the points program still fairly new your odds are still pretty good at 1pt/entry=($1). You can dream but heck if you win you will feel a whole lot better about "accidentally" joining Public Points!

Make Public Points work for you....they are similar to the pc optimum points program. Some members cash in $10 in points a couple of times year. Others like myself earn a minimum of 50% back in points and cash in (redeem) points and earn back 100%(+) in points a couple of times a month! #PPP!!!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately they are doing everything they can to get their customers into the inferior rewards program. They have even told people that switched that did so because of miscommunication and confusing crossed signals that they agree that they didn't understand through no fault of their own but nothing can be done.

Only thing that would work is a mass exodus of everyone leaving on the new rewards plan unless the old rewards program is brought back and all they would have left is the old rewards program which is probably the minority now with their customer growth since January, but that would never happen, so just have to suck it up I guess.. But I'm in the same boat as I came back in March and just missed it by a month and change 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol true story... **bleep** shame they even made this an option 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonxie - are you sure you OPTED IN? 

Did you check that white box below "I agree to updating...terms and conditions" ? If so, then yeah, i think you are now in the new.

esjliv_0-1643560740190.png

Public Points catalogue: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Catalogue

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How do you do this accidentally? You logged into the rewards page. You clicked on Join. You confirmed the confirm box. How is it possible to do this accidentally?

But no. It's irreversible. As many have found.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jasonxie The new rewards program is 

Terrible, I am sorry to hear that you took the bait unfortunately there’s no turning back

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonxie   Sorry, you will not be able to switch back to the old rewards.  edit:  this was confirmed by others who wanted to switch back to the old rewards, unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.