cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan options for 4G in self serve?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if anyone else has already posted about this, but just noticed that PM has changed their 4G plan offerings, or rather added couple of more options and removed 2 or 3 others.

The following is what I just noticed in self serve for 4G, however, nothing new for 3G, also the official Plans page not showing anything new or complete list of 4G plans.

$35 - 3GB (old)

$37 - 5GB (new?)

$40 - 12GB (new?)

$40 - 15GB (old)

$45 - 20GB (old)

Again, not sure of PM's reasoning in having two $40 plans offering different amounts of data.

15 REPLIES 15

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

if PM doesn't increase the data on the 3g plans hopefully they decide to follow chatr and increases the 3g throttle limit to 10mbps. chatr and Lucky still offer US calling plans.. maybe PM will follow and reduce the data allotment to add US calling 

@hTideGnow wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

That $37/5GB and $35/3GB LTE are still disproportionate, IMO. 

HI @wetcoaster 

yes, it is a question if they need to offer both 3GB 4G plan and 5GB 4G plan.  I guess they can just make one, $35 for 4GB  instead

I think they are so into 4G plans now and no time to check the 3G plans.  But I think they should instead offer a $20 for 1GB (lower the $25 plan) or make $25 a 2GB plan then remove $30 plan and keeps $35 4G plan.  That is my wish list  🙂

Not to be the bearer of bad news, I sense the legacy $10 $13 plan becoming $15 soon so your wish is probably a pipe dream.  $10 buys next to nothing these days.  Without a meal deal coupon, you can't even buy lunch at McDonald's these days for $10.  Not trying to defend price hikes, if a company cannot make a profit on a good or service, there is no point in providing it.  I am sure a lot of people continue to hold onto the cheap plan in spite of a 30% price hike because there is no alternative at that price point.  To be fair, it was not that long ago a $40 plan was good for 5GB at 3G data speed.  The new offering is $37/5GB 4G speed.  Up until January 2023, I was paying $120/12GB/90 days provincial calling.  This is price deflation in my books.  Anyway, I sense the $35/3GB and $40/15GB 4G speed plans will be dropped soon.  All the 3G and 4G speed plans will line up quite nicely.  By the way, be afraid of the 3G network being shut down and the low end plans being rationalized with the more expensive plans.  

@hTideGnow wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

HI @wetcoaster 

yes, it is a question if they need to offer both 3GB 4G plan and 5GB 4G plan.  I guess they can just make one, $35 for 4GB  instead

I think they are so into 4G plans now and no time to check the 3G plans.  But I think they should instead offer a $20 for 1GB (lower the $25 plan) or make $25 a 2GB plan then remove $30 plan and keeps $35 4G plan.  That is my wish list  🙂

I would actually consider switching my $15 account to $20/1GB/unlimited talk. As it is I'm too cheap to pay $10 more and have my work-arounds in place.

@wetcoaster wrote:

HI @wetcoaster 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

When I checked a couple of days ago there were actually three (3) $40 plan options: 5GB (which was there for a while), 10GB and the "promo" 15GB.

Thanks for the reminder to lock in those 15GB on the one account that will need a plan change to higher GB on next renewal. 

honest, I am happy they removed the $50-8GB , $55-10GB and $60-15GB , there is really no need to be there anymore with the introduction of $40 and $45 good value plans

And I am glad they have everything below $50 to focus on the low and mid-ends market.  There is really no need to try $60+  range.  If people paying that much, they should just go for Tier 1 or 2 providers.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Looks like PM has also tweaked the reply option (thankfully), so now the Reply option is separate to Accept as Solution option. 

@softech   Agree, there's no price for life anywhere and I'm glad PM is offering better value for 4G plans, but a 30% price hike for a discontinued plan is still outrageous IMO.

@dabr   I am cheap, I only care the low end plans.  LoL

honest, it is a price reduction for those on the old $35 plan (for those who got that before 4G speed was introduced).  

So instead of  a $3 price hike, this is a  $5  reduction , impression.  As I keep saying, there is no Price for Life.  This is another example. 🤣 (yes, this reduction was there since that short lived $35 - 4.5GB plan was introduced)

@softech   You're right, good catch. I didn't notice they had dropped the $35/4.5GB for 3G.

@esjliv   Yes, the official Plans page and self serve have not aligned for quite a while now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr - 

In-market plans currently being advertised have not matched up to My Account for a little bit now:

4G

esjliv_0-1678482702094.png

3G

esjliv_1-1678482722206.png

PM not crossing their 't's' or dotting their 'i's', or intentional? Looks sloopy for some people looking at it; and is inconsistent, which could cause confusion.

EDIT

@hTideGnow   Lol...not everyday, but maybe 2 or 3 times a week.  Was just checking the date for a suspended account and decided to see if there was anything new.

@pmva   Yes, would make sense to leave only one option for $40 plan.

@computergeek541   Agreed, not sure the reason to offer $35/3GB plan with the other options.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

and on the 3G speed, they dropped the old $35 plan. There is no more $35 4.5GB 3G plan

good move, less confusing for everyone

@dabr wrote:

Not sure if anyone else has already posted about this, but just noticed that PM has changed their 4G plan offerings, or rather added couple of more options and removed 2 or 3 others.

The following is what I just noticed in self serve for 4G, however, nothing new for 3G, also the official Plans page not showing anything new or complete list of 4G plans.

$35 - 3GB (old)

$37 - 5GB (new?)

$40 - 12GB (new?)

$40 - 15GB (old)

$45 - 20GB (old)

Again, not sure of PM's reasoning in having two $40 plans offering different amounts of data.

I see this as there being too many options.  I can't imagine anyone (or least very few) people signing up to anything but the $40/15GB or $45/20GB 4G offerings.

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

maybe they're going to get rid of the $40/15gb for the 12gb plan?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dabr good find.  You check the plan page daily?  I think last time you were first to report some new plans too

Why $40 12GB and 15GB?  more people will got confused and pick the wrong one

Maybe the 15Gb will be gone soon?

Need Help? Let's chat.