cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer(missing 5GB on plan HELP)

Goodlife062404
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi im a new customer, i signed up on jan 24/2020, because public mobile had a 25$ pre-paid/pay as u go plan. Incl, 5.5GB, Unlim-Call&Text.... however, when i sign onto my account i only see (500mb+500mb) can someone tell me when i will see my full 5.5GB?

19 REPLIES 19

Goodlife062404

Wow i had no idea

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : Did...you...edit your post? I was basically responding to you where I had thought you didn't mention online.

I did edit it, yes @Anonymous .   

Didn't want the OP to overlook the "online activation" requirement which you thankfully subsequently pointed out more directly, as opposed to just linking to the requirements in the original promo thread.

Thanks for putting that front and center!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

Thanks a lot. I just sent them a message.

I signed up in the store. They basically explained what the plan would come with, but they NEVER told me about having to go online to my account to activate the plan or anything!

That's because the store gets a commission for activations. Why would they tell you? That wouldn't be profitable.

Goodlife062404

Thanks a lot. I just sent them a message.

I signed up in the store. They basically explained what the plan would come with, but they NEVER told me about having to go online to my account to activate the plan or anything!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

I just submitted my email today, but i notied on that on the “new years saving...” thread that i have by feb 8th, 2021.

Have i missed the deadline? No one informed me this in the store when i signed up... am i stuck with my (500mb+500mb) plan?

Yes. The deal was online activations and submitting the email before something like the 25th. The 8th is to give people time to get a SIM delivered. But the promo is done.

Edit: @Catherine_T : nvm sorry for the notification

Goodlife062404

I just submitted my email today, but i notied on that on the “new years saving...” thread that i have by feb 8th, 2021.

Have i missed the deadline? No one informed me this in the store when i signed up... am i stuck with my (500mb+500mb) plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Did...you...edit your post? I was basically responding to you where I had thought you didn't mention online.

@Anonymous wrote:

Except for the other condition of activating online. Which you didn't.

Exactly, @Anonymous 

It would be interesting if the merchant gave the OP different information about the online vs in-store activation requirement.

If they did, @Goodlife062404 ,  you might have a case to raise with Public Mobile IF you pre-registered the e-mail address for the correct promotion.

Here's how to raise the issue with Public Mobile staff:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Except for the other condition of activating online. Which you didn't.

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

Okay yes to clarify, i signed up for the promo 25$ plan which includes (5.5GB,unlim.calling/texting)...... however i do not see this plan when i login on my public mobile account

@Goodlife062404 Didn't the 5GB free data promo with 2nd month free, which was a ONE TIME add on of 5GB of data, specify that you had to activate online? If so and you didn't, you missed out. Otherwise you will see it added to your account within 30 days.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Goodlife062404 

The "5 GB + 2nd month free" promo you're referencing required you to submit your e-mail on the offer form PRIOR to activating on-line with the SAME E-MAIL that you used to sign up for the promotion.

Read the first post in this thread for precise details of the now expired promotion that it appears you are referencing:

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus ... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

IF YOU DID THAT, you will get the 5GB within 30 days of activation.  

You will also get the credit applied to your account (for the '2nd month free') within a few days of your 1st renewal which occurs 30 days from the activation date.

Goodlife062404

Okay yes to clarify, i signed up for the promo 25$ plan which includes (5.5GB,unlim.calling/texting)...... however i do not see this plan when i login on my public mobile account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Goodlife062404 : That's a different promo. Not the 5GB one. You hadn't followed the instructions for the 5GB promo. Sorry.

@Goodlife062404 I think I misunderstood your needs. You already signed up under the promo? If so and the promo didn't specify ACTIVATE ONLINE, the ONE TIME add on of 5GB of data will be in your account within 30 days I believe the promo said.

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

How and where do i apply the promo code?

@Goodlife062404 When you activate your account/sim there will be a box for you to enter the promo code. See link below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/apply-a-promo-when-activating-your-plan#:~:text=....

Goodlife062404

How and where do i apply the promo code?

@Goodlife062404 wrote:

I actually just noticed the email submission, on this community page. Im just getting use to this way of things... and i just did it. I attached an email i got for confirmation. Can you tell me if what i did was correct?

Also, It was activated in the store. *attacted is the email i got, not sure if what i did is correct*

4EDA3095-7F19-4C20-BD3B-40D74DA0B6D5.jpeg

@Goodlife062404 If you registered the email, got the confirmation you showed here containing the Promo code, then activated your account with the supplied promo code, you're good to go.

Goodlife062404

I actually just noticed the email submission, on this community page. Im just getting use to this way of things... and i just did it. I attached an email i got for confirmation. Can you tell me if what i did was correct?

Also, It was activated in the store. *attacted is the email i got, not sure if what i did is correct*

4EDA3095-7F19-4C20-BD3B-40D74DA0B6D5.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Goodlife062404 : Did you submit your email address in the form? Did you use the same email address when activating? Did you activate yourself, not in store?

If so then the promo should appear before your next renewal.

And just for clarity, this place is not pay as you go. Pure pre-paid.

Need Help? Let's chat.