cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection and existing number transfer

Seinan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi , i am new , i have ordered the sim from amazon  and i would like to join public moblie. 

I just wanna know how , do i get my existing number transfer over

5 REPLIES 5

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Once you activate your SIM card say keep existing number and you just need your old account number and info 🙂 it’s really easy

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you get your SIM, just go to the PM site and activate it. During activation you will have an option to port over your number or pick a new one. Good luck and welcome!

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once you get the sim and register online you will be given the choice to port your orginal number over or choose a number from their list. A lot of people choose a different number and when everything is working good they port their number over.  Your old provider account MUST be active to port that number over. Never phone them and cancel your account, that will be done automatically when the porting is complete.  Welcome to PM

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Seinan wrote:

Hi , i am new , i have ordered the sim from amazon  and i would like to join public moblie. 

Once you've activated your SIM and opened up your self-serve account, then it's recommended to first get a temporary PM number and make sure everything is working properly.  Then you can go ahead and port in your number from your previous carrier, however, keep that account active until the porting is completed.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Seinan wrote:

@SeinanOnce you get the sim card you sign up for a self serve account, you can either transfer the number during set up (port in the number) and follow directions or create a new number then once its all set up do a number transfer.

To transfer the number once the account is all set up.  (suggested)

1. Login to Self-Serve
2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change Phone Number
3. Click "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"
4. Enter your number and click "Check Eligibility"
5. Click the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" before you do anything else.
6. Fill in the box to the best of your ability.
7. Click Submit and wait (don't press anything else until everything is clear).

The most important thing will be to get your sim card and leave the old service active. Do not cancel the old service.  It will be automatically done when the number is transfered.

May I ask, what company are you currently with? Is it voip, landline or wireless? Some numbers / services (such as koodo prepaid) will require help from the moderator team (official public mobile customer support)

Need Help? Let's chat.