cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New chip

Vicente8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Irecently changed my plan, to get 5g on my phone do i need a newer chip? the one I have I have had for about 4 years

8 REPLIES 8

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Vicente8 

I see everyone has responded accordingly. The one option that wasn't mentioned is you do have a phone that does 5G, as long as your SIM still works you're good. But if you want, Public Mobile now offers eSIM meaning you can have an eSIM on your phone itself (iPhone 13 and higher) and if you happen to have another phone number on a different phone, you can slide that SIM into the same phone. 2 phone numbers on one phone. 

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You do a lot of correcting. Helping process what may and may not be possible.

@Harkirat-13 wrote:

Check if your sim card is 5G. if yes, Then you dont need to change.

Thanks!

There's no such thing as a 5G Public Mobile SIM card. There's all  capable of connecting to the 5G network.  Also, the 5G network isn't even required to receive the full 5G plan speeds (although the 5G network could potentially help achieving those speeds).

Harkirat-13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check if your sim card is 5G. if yes, Then you dont need to change.

Thanks!

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

5G plan meeting expectations?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vicente8

A new SIM is not required. Once you switch plans, the account information will automatically change onto your old SIM.

@Vicente8 wrote:

Irecently changed my plan, to get 5g on my phone do i need a newer chip? the one I have I have had for about 4 years

A new SIM card isn't needed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Vicente8 

no new sim, you can use the same one

Need Help? Let's chat.