cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New batch of spam calls :(

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Amazing... Today up to 14:00 I have received 5 calls from different 647-858 (TELUS Mobility) numbers.

'This is Canada border etc., suspicious package in your name etc.'

Just sharing frustration...

And it is interesting, if you just pick up a call waiting for other party to start talking, call is terminated. If you say (yell) something then stupid message stats playing. Have to remove greeting from vmail; it might reduce number of these calls going into it...

8 REPLIES 8

@pkaraa wrote:

Keep pressing ######## repeatedly to bounce your number off the dialer list of spammers.

Thank for the tip!!! I will try net time. Appreciated!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yummy  unfortunately doesn't matter what provider you are with spam calls will happen, ignore it, maybe will go away.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Keep pressing ######## repeatedly to bounce your number off the dialer list of spammers.

@Yummy 

Yes, it was the same thing for me too.

It's Border Services, there is a dangerous package, there's a warrant out for your arrest...... Blah blah blah.....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI Yummy, look like the system is at 647-858 today , once done, it will be another exchange to suffer

Actually, I notice even when I start talking it will hang up too.  Sometimes, I wonder why, aren't they trying to fool me into something?  why hang up so early.  

@walker1 wrote:

@Yummy 

Get use to it.  lol.  It'll be over by tomorrow.  Yesterday was my turn.

Oh, I am used to it, no problemo. Just annoing. Similar batch of same message was few month ago.

Yesterday - was it the same message for you?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Get over it.  lol.  It'll be over by tomorrow.  Yesterday was my turn.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy 

just ignore and delete.. nothing you can do...

Need Help? Let's chat.