cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation question

kennzo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mother's Bell/MTS pay -as -you -go plan expired last weekend and I want to get her set up with Public Mobile $15 plan

I have an older i phone  and a new sim card for her 

She , of course, wants to keep her old phone number.

I know the old number , however, she has no info on the Bell account number or much else.

Her old phone is /was an Alcatel flip phone---- which I dont even think  has a sim card!

Can I  activate the new phone (and retain her number) on public mobile with only knowing the old number?

Do I need to know anything further before attempting the activation?

Thanks for the assistance

6 REPLIES 6

kennzo

Going to use an i phonne 5

kennzo

Thanks ,,

I am not planning to use the existing phone.

.I have an i phone 5 that will work

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kennzo 

What is the make and model of the new phone you are planning to give to your mother?

Just seeing if it is compatible with PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kennzo 

Your Mom needs to phone Bell and reactivate her service. At the same time she can ask for the unlocking code for her phone as its likely locked to bell. Dial *#06# on the phone to get the IMEI # to give the agent to get the code. The sim card is located under the battery when you take the back cover off....leave the sim card in the phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it after you make the port request.

Info required to port a phone # :

1. Full name on the account.
  2. Phone #.
  3. Account # (preferred) or IMEI # or Account PIN #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kennzo  For porting, the account must be active.  Your mom's account expired last week, you need to find a way to renew her account so you can port the number into PM.  Maybe get a one month renewal for that.

For the Alcatel, since it was used on Bell/MTS , it should work.  But would be nice if you can find out the model number so we can confirm.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Not likely. The number will return to original carriers pot. 

Need Help? Let's chat.