cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

Kengineer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered a new account (transferred existing phone number) and have not received a confirmation email yet. My phone still has the old SIM card in it. Am I to wait for the confirmation email before inserting my public mobile SIM card?

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kengineer wrote:

I registered a new account (transferred existing phone number) and have not received a confirmation email yet. My phone still has the old SIM card in it. Am I to wait for the confirmation email before inserting my public mobile SIM card?

@Kengineer 

1.  Login to your account.

2.  Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

2a.  If no, your are still using the temporary number PM gave you during activation.  Use the Change Number link to port your number to PM.

2b.  If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Solution to get your previous provider t o release your phone number to PM:

1.  Insert your previous provider to your phone in order to receive a port out confirmation text from your previous provider when PM sends a port out request to your previous provider.  You need to reply YES so that message before they will release your phone number to PM.

2.  Using the following link to create a support ticket to send a number port out request to your previous provider again.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Report result or more question to get your phone working ASAP.

Welcome to PM and have a better and better days!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Use the number they are sending you, you should receive the porting text almost immediately so if you didn't receive it yet something went wrong somewhere and it has to be reinitiated.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kengineer wrote:

@Kengineer  - it will be a TEXT message received on your previous provider's SIM card, not an email.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

So, use the previous provider's SIM card to receive calls from. When the incoming calls stop that is a good indication the port is complete.

Cell ports can take 2-3 hours.

Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days.

If still issues, submit a ticket for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Ensure to restart your phone when you insert your Public Mobile SIM card, and performing a reset of the device's network settings can sometimes help finicky things after changing providers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kengineer  you got the SMS asking your approval to for the port from your old provider yet?  if not , that is something you need.  I will message you the porting team number to talk to support for porting status.   please check your Community inbox

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you initiate porting of old number into PM?
If yes, you have to leave OLD SIM in your phone and reply Yes on SMS you will receive from old provider.

If you miss that SMS, you have to open a ticket so PM initiates porting again.

Both accounts (old/new) have to be active in order to transfer phone number.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Kengineer 

Are you porting from another carrier? If you have not yet receive the confirmation text I will pm you the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.