cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New US Roaming Plan

costanza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you switch to a new plan when does it kick in?   I'm travelling to US tomorrow, and am considering switching to new plan (60$) to include the US Data and roaming... 

BUT - does it kick in the next billing cycle, or is it immediately activated...  I already have the 40$ plan, and want to go to 60$ plan, just want to make sure it activates right away, otherwise I'll just add the 250MB of US data to my plan...

Anyone know for sure when a plan change happens, if it's immediately, or next billing cycle?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

VanZem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a piece of advice... As you might know T-mobile could be very flaky and internet may not work even with ”LTE” showing on the phone. ATT is much better in this respect, so select them as a carrier (most of the time).

have a good trip!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@costanza if you travel to the US fairly frequently, it might make sense to switch to the $60 plan.  If you're less frequent however, it's probably still more advantageous to keep your $40 plan (assuming it meets your needs other than roaming) and use the roaming add-on(s) as needed.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@costanza wrote:

When you switch to a new plan when does it kick in?   I'm travelling to US tomorrow, and am considering switching to new plan (60$) to include the US Data and roaming... 

BUT - does it kick in the next billing cycle, or is it immediately activated...  I already have the 40$ plan, and want to go to 60$ plan, just want to make sure it activates right away, otherwise I'll just add the 250MB of US data to my plan...

Anyone know for sure when a plan change happens, if it's immediately, or next billing cycle?

Thanks!

Hi, you get to decide.

More info here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Keep in mind that if you pick change immmediately, you will lose whatever is remaining on your $40 plan.

Also if you want to change plans after your trip, you'll have to pick from the list of available plans at that time.

Have a good trip!

Need Help? Let's chat.