cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Subscription And Sim Type

aligup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I live in Oakville, ON. I just subscribed to Public Mobile's $34 CAN-US 5G plan. While subscribing, it showed an option for a free sim card ($0) and an eSIM for (0$). I chose a physical sim as I have an iPhone 11 and it can only use 1 esim which I already have, with my office.

After the payment, the system says it will take 2-10 days to deliver the esim to my address. I do not want to wait that long. Is it possible to get a free physical sim from a PM authorized store? Or do I have an option to change the order to eSIM instead? I will work with my other provider to switch from esim to physical SIM later. I want the PM subscription to be activated before Sunday, 1st June.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@aligup 

Unfortunately, you will need to pay for the SIM no matter where you go on the short timeframe.

You can arrange for pick one up at Canadian Cell Supplies in Oakville but call them first to see if they have any in stock or Mississauga for $5 or from Amazon.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@aligup  Or do I have an option to change the order to eSIM instead?

I believe customer service can help with that if you decide to go that route but they can take a bit longer than usual to respond lately so it might be safer given the time constraints to get to a Telus corporate store and buy a physical sim card.

@aligup wrote:

One of the stores in Mississauga told me that I have to pay $25 for it. 😐

The only official retail locations that sell Public Mobile SIM cards are Telus owned stores.  The price is set by Telus and is fixed at $10.  If the store isn't owned by Telus (ie. a franchised Telus store or some other third party retailer), pricing would be a different matter.  If that store in fact owned by Telus, ask the person to scan the UPC code into the computer.  The price should come up as $10.

aligup

Well, now I regret that why didnt I select the e-Sim at the first place. 😞

aligup

One of the stores in Mississauga told me that I have to pay $25 for it. 😐

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @aligup 

the system actually just set the free sim card for delivery only, not pickup from store.  But there is a chance support agent will agree to reimburse.  Why not just ask.  Please message CS agent here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I would say that the chance is very small.  This would result in the customer essentially receiving two free SIM cards as one has already been ordered.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aligup - You can use multiple eSIMs on iPhone 11.

You can buy a $10 eSIM from any TELUS, Koodo or Mobile Klinik Corporate stores and contact CS_Agent to receive a refund.

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

⚠️ Public Mobile is Experiencing longer support wait times currently! Do Not Reply back to CS_Agent after submitting your ticket unless you solved it! Click here to bring up the Article!   ⚠️  

fixin1_0-1717105657243.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

@aligup wrote:

I live in Oakville, ON. I just subscribed to Public Mobile's $34 CAN-US 5G plan. While subscribing, it showed an option for a free sim card ($0) and an eSIM for (0$). I chose a physical sim as I have an iPhone 11 and it can only use 1 esim which I already have, with my office.

After the payment, the system says it will take 2-10 days to deliver the esim to my address. I do not want to wait that long. Is it possible to get a free physical sim from a PM authorized store? Or do I have an option to change the order to eSIM instead? I will work with my other provider to switch from esim to physical SIM later. I want the PM subscription to be activated before Sunday, 1st June.

Sorry, but SIM cards purchased at stores are the full price of $10.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @aligup 

the system actually just set the free sim card for delivery only, not pickup from store.  But there is a chance support agent will agree to reimburse.  Why not just ask.  Please message CS agent here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.