cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim

ShivaniPanchal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently travelled internationally and changed my sim card to a different one. 
upon returning back, I replaced my sim back to public mobile but it is not working even though i have activated the plan. 
it would be great if you are able to send an new sim card under the same contact number. 

26 REPLIES 26

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShivaniPanchal wrote:

I am just going to place a request for a new sim card. Thank you.

Based on everything I've read here so far, that's where my lean would be too.  It's not a bad idea to keep 1-2 spare PM SIM cards handy for such events (loss of phone, damaged card, referral of friends/family), especially if you happen to get one cheap.

On your iPhone, if you go into Settings -> General -> About, and scroll to the bottom, not seeing an ICCID (should start with 891223000... for PM) would suggest the iPhone isn't reading the SIM card.  If it can read the SIM card, then this should update accordingly, and the Carrier profile above should update to read "Public Mobile 52.0".

Changing your SIM in your self-serve account is straight-forward: Log into https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ --> Profile -> Edit Account Info -> scroll down to Change SIM Card Number, then enter details and Save Changes.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ShivaniPanchal try you sim on another phone and you can tell if it is sim card problem or not

Try Refresh all network if you have not tried yet

@darlicious wrote:

@ShivaniPanchal 

Check your IMEI # here first....

https://www.devicecheck.ca/consumers/

Did you buy your phone brand new? Who was the other provider you had service with?

@darlicious 

@ShivaniPanchal ‘s iPhone if purchased in Canada or purchased in an Apple store IS unlocked. 

@ShivaniPanchal Also the device check for blacklist is slow and need to scroll down a bit for results. You are only allowed 2 checks per 24 hours. 😀

@dust2dust wrote:

Please allow the Apple guy around here @CountyDownIeUk  to exhaust possibilities before you spend money and effort on a sim. Hopefully he has read the thread and has some ideas.

Thanks there are better here than I, for Apple @CalgaryBen and an oracle (<==forget ID)

@ShivaniPanchal 

Can you try SIM in another working and unlocked phone?

Try reset network on iPhone. 

Verify APN setting is correct on iPhone?

Do you have another Apple product that shares from the cloud, your pics and contacts and other important stuff?

If yes and maybe not yes.......(1) back up your phone on iTunes on a computer. Do a full reset on iPhone. Manually set it up and see if works. (2) Then do a restore from iTunes if if works...great...if not then the back up had a bad setting and go back to (1) and do NOT do (2). 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShivaniPanchal 

Check your IMEI # here first....

https://www.devicecheck.ca/consumers/

Did you buy your phone brand new? Who was the other provider you had service with?

Please allow the Apple guy around here @CountyDownIeUk  to exhaust possibilities before you spend money and effort on a sim. Hopefully he has read the thread and has some ideas.

ShivaniPanchal

I appreciate your help alot thus far. I am just going to place a request for a new sim card. Thank you.

ShivaniPanchal

Nope, no network available.

ShivaniPanchal

Yes it is unlocked.

Go into settings, general, about. See red circle....indicates unlocked. 

And does your PM account show as active?

Reseat sim and reboot. Clean SIM gently with a white pencil eraser. 

54091841-2BB1-4A18-95D2-106BA62467E4.jpeg

@CountyDownIeUk- iphone XS.

@ShivaniPanchal- Or this reply from BKNS27:

Check your iPhone setting by going to: Settings>General>About>scroll down to Carrier Lock>it may have the carrier name.

If it shows No SIM Restrictions then it is unlocked.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@ShivaniPanchal 

What make of phone do you have?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I have read of rare instances of some providers locking the device to them. Is it possible that that service locked the phone to itself?

@CountyDownIeUk- would have the method to find out.

Or have a look at devicecheck.ca just in case.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShivaniPanchal 

Have you tried your Sim card in another phone yet? If you can then do so....if not the next move is to contact customer support and ask that they reset your account and reprovision your Sim card to your account. If that doesn't work then you need to replace the Sim card. You can ask the CSA  about reimbursement of the cost of a new unactivated Sim card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

ShivaniPanchal

Hi, yes I have checked everything. Believe me. It’s been a week. 
What’s the process if getting a new sim with the same number? Will i be charged again?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShivaniPanchal 

As above....check for any software updates then update your carrier profile either over wifi or by connecting to iTunes.

Have you gone in to settings general about to see if any updates happen? Is the proper information in the Apple ID account to do with the provider?

I don't think the sim is a problem.

ShivaniPanchal

They have been deleted.

@ShivaniPanchal 

the sim card could possibly be the reason why it's not working. if there are any apn settings from the previous international provider you need to delete those settings

Try it in a different unlocked phone.

Otherwise, you'll need a new sim and when you get it you can log in to your account and change the sim yourself. Nothing else in your plan will change.

ShivaniPanchal

I have an Iphone XS. I have checked all of the above. Waited even for a couple days. The sim card seems a tad scratched and i think that is what is causing it to work like before. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShivaniPanchal 

You need to reset your network settings and/or edit your APN to Public mobile's current carrier settings. What is the make and model of your phone? Not all phones will do this automatically  when inserting a different providers Sim card.

ShivaniPanchal

The plan is activated and the payment has been made. It’s the Sim card that refuses to show any network bars. I think it’s damaged. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ShivaniPanchal 

If your plan was inactive for more than 90 days, it is completely deactivated. If you were within the 90 days and can still log into self-serve, make the required payment and tap resume service.

Need Help? Let's chat.