cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Card Already in Use

Wanda222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have paid for and received my SIM card. However I put it in the phone before I activated t and it is giving me the "SIm Card already in use" error.  Because its an app, I can't use incognito mode and I have waited 24hours for it to clear but I'm still getting an error. Can I get a new card sent or download an eSIM? 

12 REPLIES 12

@will13am wrote:

@Wanda222 wrote:

No luck. same issue

@Wanda222 , you might need to wait a couple of hours for the session lock to expire.  

That session lock/50 minute lock on on the SIM card number is a thing of the past.

If you click on the link, it allows you to send a message to cs agents directly. 

Wanda222

I can't get any further than the continue activation screen.  I have no other option to select so I cant get to the manage eversafe page

If your phone is esim  compatible yes, you can download. You'd have to log into the account and under Manage Eversafe that's where you would see the purchase SIM card. To contact a moderator, use the chatbot or the link below if you cannot sign in. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Wanda222

Still getting the same error. I wonder if I could get an eSIM download as a replacement. How do I contact  the moderators?

Wanda222

I will delete the app data again and leave it till after work, restart the phone and see what happens then I guess. 

@Wanda222 wrote:

No luck. same issue

@Wanda222 , you might need to wait a couple of hours for the session lock to expire.  

Wanda222

No change. Same error. 

Wanda222

trying that now

Wanda222

No luck. same issue

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Wanda222 , for the app you can delete app data and relaunch.  That is similar to going to incognito mode.  

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried restarting your phone with the new SIM card? Sometimes that will help 

Need Help? Let's chat.