cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM, new account, new plan, No Service

whiteoak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated my new sim card today. Signed up and paid for a "Text Only" plan. Ported in my old phone number from SoloMobile. Phone is not locked, IMEI is okay, and phone does recognize the new SIM as a Telus SIM, but I cannot send or receive any text messages. I get a error saying message will be sent when service becomes available. If I do try to make a phone call a message says cellular network not available.
When I try to submit this issue to PublicMobile on the web page form, an error says my email doesn't match, but it does, and is "verified".
Please help!
Thanks

53 REPLIES 53

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No need to waste anymore time. Send a detailed private message to a moderator/customer service rep. Include all pertinent information about your sons account, like phone number, account number, full name and any other info. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bullcrap1

MANY bumps!...I have had many issues with PB and now Im having the same issue with  my sons phone.  Activated new sim, bought him phone time....still no service!!!  He lives half hour away so I dont have the phone on me but it is a new iphone...had it unlocked and he says it still says no service...wasting the time I bought for him everyday trying to figure this out!!!!

Rockdaddy22

Glad everything worked out here 🙂

srlawren

wrote:

I did it !!! It works !! Thank you so much !

@Marile I'm delighted to hear that!  Thank you for the update.  Sorry you couldn't use your desired phone, but at least you're up and running now.  Welcome to Public Mobile!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Marile

I did it !!! It works !! Thank you so much !

Marile

Thank you  , I am going to try it....

srlawren

wrote:

The problem is that my sim is small one and in LG the place is for bigger sim...

@Marile your Public Moible SIM card should have come with two adapters that can make it bigger.  The smallest part (the card itself) is a nano-SIM size, but it was sitting inside a small plastic adapter that makes it slightly larger (micro-SIM size), and that adapter was sitting inside a larger adapter piece that makes it a full SIM card size.  You can carefully push the nano-SIM into the micro-SIM adapter piece and then put it into your G3.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Marile

The problem is that my sim is small one and in LG the place is for bigger sim...

srlawren

wrote:

Can i ask for an additional favor ? Please , can you check if LG -D852G works with Public mobile. Previously I use it in videotron. 

@Marile D852G appears to be the Canadian version and does support both 850MHz and 1900MHz required for Public Mobile. It should work fine.  You should be able to confirm pretty easily by putting your SIM card in and powering it up.  

Marile

Can i ask for an additional favor ? Please , can you check if LG -D852G works with Public mobile. Previously I use it in videotron. 

Marile

Yep , bad news..Thanks a lot 👍

srlawren

wrote:

There isn't  any connection to mobile plan , yes ? 

@Marile that phone is physically incapable of communicating with the network that Public Mobile operates on.  It's like the phone can only speak and understand Mandarin while Public Mobile can only speak and understand English.  There's no way to have a meaningful conversation between the two.

Marile

srlawren

@Marile You're welcome.  Sorry it isn't better news.

Marile

Thank you for so prompt answer....

srlawren

wrote:

You mean I have 2 options, 1 - to buy  a new phone and transfer the sim , or 2- close my account in Public Mobile...right ?

@Marile unfortunately, yes, those are you options.

Marile

You mean I have 2 options, 1 - to buy  a new phone and transfer the sim , or 2- close my account in Public Mobile...right ?

srlawren

@Marile not in Canada, it doesn't.  

EDIT:  this phone has 900MHz and 2100MHz 3G frequencies, while Rogers, Bell, and Telus all operate 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G networks.

Marile

This cell phone support almost everything..works perfectry with 3 generation and 4 , and LTE

srlawren

wrote:

No , not in Canada ..

@Marile bingo.  This phone is not meant for the Canadian (North American) market.  As I just mentioned in my edit, it would work fine (at 2G GSM speeds) on Rogers or Fido, but not at Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile, Bell, Virgin, or Lucky, since Bell and Telus do not run a 2G network.

EDIT:  APN settings will not help you with this issue.  You have two options:  use a different phone that is compatible with B2 and B5 3G network frequencies, or use this phone at Rogers/Fido very slowly (2G speeds).

Marile

No , not in Canada ..I changed APN to Public Mobile ...

srlawren

@Marile okay, I think the problem might be network copmatibility.  Were you previously using this phone on Rogers/Fido/Chatr and it worked fine?

EDIT yes I can confirm this phone is not compatible with Public Mobile at all, unfortunately. It would have worked fine with Roger/Fido/Chatr becuase Rogers operates a 2G GSM network with which this phone is compatible.  However, it lacks the 850MHz and 1900MHz (B2 and B5) 3G network frequencies that Public Mobile requires to operate.  

Marile

Lenovo S60 w , in Sim management the cell phone can recognize the  sim card - there is his number..

srlawren

@Marile what is your phone?  Please be very specific about the model, many phones have several variations or sub-models that have differing network support.

Marile

I have the same problem. Unlocked  cell phone , new sim , new plan , sim works in another cell phone. I did everything possible , I set up APN , I tried to take sim in and out , I gave up...Please , need your help. 

@whiteoak wrote:

Replacement SIM arrived.  Installed today.  All is now well!  Thanks to you all !  🙂

@whiteoak

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. 

Again, a warm welcome to PM. 

whiteoak

Replacement SIM arrived.  Installed today.  All is now well!  Thanks to you all !  🙂

whiteoak

Nope.  Replacement SIM being mailed to me.

Rockdaddy22
Are you up and running?

whiteoak

@Shazia_K, okay, I will try that right now and PM you the result...

Need Help? Let's chat.