cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM - Phone Keeps Disconnecting from Network

aluong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched over to Public Mobile after hearing about the great plan prices. Unfortunately, my phone keeps losing service about ten minutes after rebooting. 

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6 and the SIM that I was using from a carrier had no problems yesterday (before I switched). When I reboot my phone, I would be connected to the "Public Mobile" network, but then shortly afterward I would be left with no bars and a "No Network Connection" message. I tried going through the settings multiple times searching for the mobile networks and it still doesn't work. I would press "Public Mobile" and it says that I'm already registered on the network, but with no network connection.

My phone does connect after every reboot for a few minutes though and my number was successfully ported over. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Jg06061990

Your post will get more visibility if you start a new topic/thread.

Did you just get a new account/SIM?  Some further details may be helpful to clarify your situation.

Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM card?  What about putting your SIM card in another phone to see whether it is a hardware issue or network issue?

Jg06061990
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone keeps trying to search for your network and cannot connect 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

what provider were you using before?

Here how you set wind s6 if it's wind phone and unlocked

Most Samsung phone have same kind of secret code if someone having issues and not able to get lte network only showing 3g here what you can do to get lte

Open your dialer then put *#2263* this will bring up in service mode now some phone have different options
Once you in service mode click on band then
See if u have lte CDMA GSM automatic then click on that then select first one which is automatic as well if u don't have a this option then
See if there's lte wcdma if you have this then click on this and select lte CDMA u will see a * sign beside your selected lte CDMA if you see a sign then come to main phone screen you will notice signal will go away then come back hopefully with lte signal
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

WearySky

Is it a Wind S6?  I only ask, because I know the Wind S6 is setup specifically not to connect to LTE networks, so I'm wondering if there's some weirdness there that's causing you to completely disconnect as well.

aluong

Yeah I tried rebooting and setting the network manually but it still disconnects occasionally. 

aluong

Samsung Galaxy S6

aluong

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "resetting the SIM"? Like taking out the SIM of my phone? If so I've tried that but unfortunately it still doesn't work. 

WearySky

Out of curiosity, what phone is it?

If still not working, and sim card is good.  Try to reboot and manual select the network.

If issue still there contact mod
Please send a private message to a moderator and have them investigate the problem.  If you are unsure how to private message a moderator, please check out the link below. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you try sim in another phone.  if teh issue still happens it is a sim issue.  if it doens't then likley a phone related  issue.

also have you tried resettig the sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.