cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM Activation not working

tmillernl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just went through the activation process and the last screen after submiting flashed up a bunch of red text with what appeared to be an error then the screen went to the final Congratulations page saying it was complete.   Phone don't work so have to assume there is something wrong.  To compound the problem, I used my gmail address that was assigned to an old PM account and when I try to log in it says the account was disabled.  So I can't log in to see what the SIM status is.  

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmillernl 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@tmillernl wrote:

Just had to wait a while.  Its working there now.  Still can't log into my Self Serve account but will deal with that on another thread / ticket

@tmillernl   glad it work!!!

yes, if logging into My Account is an issue, open another ticket.  I am not how good, smooth, it will be for recycling old email address for Self-Serve.  Let us know if it works..

tmillernl

I used my email address becuase that is what PM directs you to do.  In order to reactivate the account you have to use a new SIM, which I did 

tmillernl

Just had to wait a while.  Its working there now.  Still can't log into my Self Serve account but will deal with that on another thread / ticket

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@tmillernl wrote:

Just went through the activation process and the last screen after submiting flashed up a bunch of red text with what appeared to be an error then the screen went to the final Congratulations page saying it was complete.   Phone don't work so have to assume there is something wrong.  To compound the problem, I used my gmail address that was assigned to an old PM account and when I try to log in it says the account was disabled.  So I can't log in to see what the SIM status is.  

@tmillernl 

If your credit card has not been charged, try activating the SIM again. Use a browser in private/incognito mode.

If you're stuck with errors, contact CS for help: 

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tmillernl 

Since the PM SIM is a different number from your old PM SIM. It might be OK.

I would reboot the phone as noted by @softech.

Contact the CS Agent to check if your activation is completed.

Camille16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

can you log in to self-serve ("My account")? There hou would see the status of your account. At Public Mobile it is one account one email, the same email can (and should) be used for self serve and for community, but for a second account a different email should be used. Of course it could be possible that the phone is not co figures properly or a port-in not completed, but given you are a former customer we can most probable eliminate those. As a last resort you could send a message to CS_Agent for them to check your status.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tmillernl   why you use a gmail account that was assigned to an old PM account to login?  Which email address did you use for this new activation?  or you meant you have used the same Gmail address for this new activaton?

Also, did you check if your Credit Card was charged by PM yet?

If charged, then it is a good sign, probably activated.  Try to reboot your phone once more time..  If it still not works, let us know what the error message you see on the screen (No Network?  SIM not provisioned?)

Need Help? Let's chat.