cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone

april_h30
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently purchased a Samsung A11 and I am wondering how to activate the phone. Do I just take the SIM card out of the old phone and insert it into the new phone?

I have also been experiencing cell service issues since I enrolled in February. Is it because I have a old phone? My phone is a LG Q6 that was released in 2017. When someone tries to call, it goes to voicemail right away and the internet service is not great.

If the service still does not work, I am going to go back to my old provider. 

Thank you for your help,

April

4 REPLIES 4

@april_h30 

As above.....

Calls going to voicemail can be a sim card provisioning issue. Other than @popping suggestion access your account and using lost/stolen suspend your service. Log out. Wait 1 minute. Log in. Unsuspend. Log out. Reboot phone. Test by having someone call you. You may want to do this in the old phone first. If it corrects itself....great put the sim in the new phone. If it doesnt fix the issue you will need to contact the moderators to have them reprovision your sim card. You can choose to wait to put the simcard in your new phone or put it in now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@april_h30 

a) Just move the SIM to the new phone. All your account info, credits, referrals etc. follow the SIM/account.

b) LG's are fickle on PM; often requiring a factory reset. Samsungs are usually fine.

c) Calls going directly to voicemail often means your phone is out of  service range. Coverage is carrier dependant; especially Rogers vs Bell/Telus. So Rogers/Fido/Chatr may provide better coverage for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@april_h30 

Take your PM SIM card from your LG G6 and insert it to your new A11 phone.  Restart your A11 phone and let your PM SIM card to configure your phone settings.

If you still experience the same issue with incoming calls going to your voicemail with your A11, your account may not be provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  If this does not work, create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you purchased a phone, then it’s probably unlocked and just needs a SIM so you can get service. If you have a new SIM and you’ve created an account on here, then ya once you’ve prepaid, it will take under 2 hours for the switch to go through. Since you have access to the same Telus tower as other users, you won’t have any service issues unless you change your phone settings to something wrong. If your close to a cell phone kiosk in a mall, you can always take your phone them to have your number transferred over to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.