cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone!

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So a couple months ago I took the huge step and replaced my very aged Samsung S5.

I ended up with a moto g play (32gb) 2021 edition. (Less than $200)

For the most part I’m over 85% happy with it.  (Yes yes, it’s already complaining about space requirements for new apps…)

My first question is this…. It keeps asking me to setup “Visual Voicemail”.  Does PM support this?  Has anyone had experiences setting this feature up?  Sure, I don’t NEED it… but I’ve got a sister who rambles on 20 times a day on voicemail… 😉

AAF35C72-F810-414F-8F46-6E27DC0A287E.jpeg

Second Question.  With the 32GB, I knew I’d be touching on the limits so I’ve got a 128GB SD plugged in.  It says I’m at 21% overall with the shared internal storage setup.  I’m running into issues where one app or another complains about space for installing.  Did I somehow set it up wrong?

this is what’s reported on the storage screen…

internal shared 31.38GB/32GB

Samsung SD Card 2.4GB/128GB

image.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @thomask ,  

No, we don't have Visual Call display here

For storage,   Make sure your Camera app is set to save to SD card

Also, install a good folder/file management app and check around the internal space.  Likely you have some pictures, video saved in the internal space (maybe from phone migration and it copied everything to your internal space), move them to SD

Song apps, Steaming apps, if you ever download for listen or watch later, make sure you pick SD card and not internal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thomask 

you can try to do backup and Factory Reset,

thomask

I may need to reformat the drive… just did t want to if I could help it.

@thomask, yes if possible any new apps I try to store on external memory if my phone has a small amount of memory.  My current phone doesn't have expandable memory so I don't have that option but I got 256GB so i don't need to worry about that lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From what I remember, you should be able to format the drive as internal storage, that way, the phone should recognize the SD storage and combine the internal and SD storage into one internal storage. Could it be because the SD card is slow? If it is, then you may have to buy another SD with Class 10 speeds, which are the fastest speeds on the market, I believe.

thomask

Thank you in regards to the visual voicemail. At least I can save time on TRYING to set it up by wandering the PM voicemail menu’s hoping it “clicks”.

As for the storage, it’s mostly google play that complains…. But when I “formatted” for internal shared storage, it gave me an option for what was currently on the phone, but, and this is where I get lost.  It sat for over an hour spinning about the “moving” etc… I’ve gone in manually since and tried to get it to move content or apps and again it either just sits there, or doesn’t even do anything when tapping the option.

Am I right in assuming my 31GB should be better spread out across the two memory’s?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@thomask, Public Mobile does not have visual voicemail. 

As for your storage issue, when the apps are saying they don't have enough memory are those the apps that are installed in the internal storage of the phone?  Are you able to move your apps to your external storage and keep the internal storage just for OS?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.