cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PM Customer! Number transfer and SIM insert

maerom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A few minutes ago I texted a YES to my previous cell provider to allow them the transfer my number. My PM account is active. Am I going to receive a notification email/text when the transfer is complete/successful? When can I remove my old SIM card and insert the PM one? 

6 REPLIES 6

Funmilola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have reboot my phone severally and also called myself from another phone number but my sim is still not working. It's over 5hours since I activated the sim.

maerom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@maerom  Anytime now you can just be sure to reboot the phone and make sure services are working as they should and once complete it will automatically close out your old providers account for you 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You can now,  @maerom  !!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@maerom you can now put your PM sim card in the phone and try calling yourself from another phone.  If your PM sim rings, BINGO!!!  

Even it does not, no worry, reboot the phone every 30 mins, test again.  Within 2 to 3 hours, the porting should be completed

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Excellent question. When the old sim no longer takes calls is one way. Or when the new sim starts taking calls. If you have two phones then you can monitor them both.

Adding - iirc a text will arrive saying all done as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.