cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation

Jodi-D
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined today.  It said it may take up to 5hrs to activate.  It’s been over 5hrs and I still have no cell service.  At the top corner in my phone it says SOS. 

9 REPLIES 9

seven_sy05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the advice. I did restart the phone three times but didn't work.

I tried to configure APN setting but my phone doesn't display 'cellular data network' in settings. I wonder if this means the e-sim wasn't installed properly? I tried to reinstall using QR code that was sent by the public mobile but it doesn't work either.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jodi-D 

Restart your phone. Sounds stupid, I know, but it is necessary when using a new SIM.

And login to your Self-Serve. Check the account and service status. Click the "activate" button manually if it didn't happen automatically.

And you will not be able to access data (or MMS messages) if your phone isn't configured with Public Mobile's APN settings. Newer phones might do this automatically, but not all of them can autoconfigure pushed APN settings so you might have to do it manually (and restart, again).

eSIMs rely on software (Public Mobile app) which physical SIM cards did not require. So eSIMs are subject to software bugs, problems, issues which do not affect physical SIM cards. Restarting or rebooting the device is usually the magical panacea for strange software malfunctions.

@seven_sy05  

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

seven_sy05

btw, my son and I both joined today. Both phones don't work. 

seven_sy05

I did submit the ticket with the link you provided. Thanks. It is so frustrating. I can't call or text to anyone. My phone doesn't connect to internet using the data. I tried everything the chatbot suggested but didn't work. I wonder if submitting ticket will do anything. If I don't hear from the public mobile within a day, I am going to switch back. 

@seven_mj08 You too can use the link in my last reply to submit ticket it’s direct link to support 

seven_mj08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem. I tried to submit the ticket and didn't work. 404 error. My previous carrier already unlocked my phone so I don't know what is wrong. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jodi-D  You need to submit ticket with support if you have been charged already and get them to re provision the SIM 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Jodi-D .

This is how you sign up. You followed these instructions?

How to sign up with Public Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_0-1703982183816.png

Also, did you do the eSIM or had a physical SIM card? If you used an eSIM, you may need to go into your settings and chose it as your primary SIM and then reboot. You should be up and running.

Need Help? Let's chat.