cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation

Geoff88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a new sim and transferred my number from Freedom. It over an hour and I have no service on either network. I also received a message from Public that I have entered an incorrect ESN/MEID number and someone will contact me. I did not receive any call and no service and no way of contacting a live Customer Support team member. Please help

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Geoff88 

It is obvious why you are not get service…PM is an online service so you need to contact a CS_Agent directly by private messaging on your computer or tap on your avatar>Messages and explain your situation.

Please note that your Freedom account must still be active and leave the old SIM in your phone so you can reply with YES to the text confirming you are porting over to PM.

Your old Freedom SIM should still work since porting was not completed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @Geoff88  

Please submit a ticket with CS agent and tell them about your sim card no service problem , and also provide them the account number of your old carrier

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Geoff88 

two things to do

1. for your issue about no service.  it is a sim provisioning issue, please message support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

2. for porting, There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Geoff88 best to use account number next time with porting numbers.

EDIT, after the SMS text is replied to from Freedom (with the Freedom sim card in a phone), remember to restart your phone with the Public mobile sim card and/or perform a reset of the device's network settings. To ensure there is no issue with the account, try the sim into another phone to check if any services work.

Incoming calls to your public mobile sim card are normally a good sign that the port is complete. You can use the Freedom sim to receive calls in the meantime.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

Need Help? Let's chat.