cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account

Rivierra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched from SaskTel to Public Mobile yesterday and transferred my existing number.  Over 8 hour wait and no service.  No talk or text.  Can receive text but can’t send text.  Is this normal?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rivierra - most services should work soon after activation. Incoming calls are usually the service that takes longer.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rivierra 

Did you replied to the text with YES from SaskTel with their SIM in your phone?

You have 90 minutes to reply or porting will be aborted. In this case you need to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on your computer.

If you did reply to the text then reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

So did you reply to the text or reboot your phone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rivierra the text you got could be just iMesaage. Look to me it is a sim provision issue.  Easy fix for , please open ticket by messaging them

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on to

Rivierra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It’s an iPhone 11.  The account rep told me there were no incompatility issues

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer text? Is this an iphone or android? Can you try the sim in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.