cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5g plan

Cairns76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently changed my plan to the 20gb of 5g data plan for 34.99. I noticed that since yesterday (24th)  when the new plan took effect, I have already used 2gb of data. Normally I am lucky if i use 4gb a month. Does this seem normal? I did a couple of speedtests  to see if i was getting 5g so would that chew up some data? My phone still saying lte but the speeds i am getting are 5g speeds

11 REPLIES 11

@Cairns76  Yes it is slow but still good for email and iMessage 

Cairns76

wow 512kbps? That seems slow. I noticed in the plan description that there was a bullet point (number) by the unlimited data at lower speeds past but i could never find out how to get that info

@Cairns76  Yes once the data bucket is used up you will have unlimited throttled data at 512kbps 

Cairns76

Done. Would never have seen that special if you hadn’t mentioned it as I just switched to my current plan a few days ago. Thanks. 

I am I correct that i will have unlimited data after i use up the 5g portion?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cairns76  You should change you plan to the new Black Friday 40GB for $34 5G plan . That will help buffer your data  bucket 🙂

just make plan change for next renewal and not immediately or you lose money in your current cycle 

Cairns76

Iphone 13 mini

Cairns76

Will check that out. I assume once i use up the 20gb i will have unlimited data at 4g speeds

and @Cairns76 what phone you have? depends on the phone, you can use app to keep track of data usage and you can compare the usage with PM

khraeohn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Were you on a 4G plan before? When you get faster internet, some media has higher bitrate since it detects you can handle it. So for example you YouTube at higher quality when normally it loads at 720p

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cairns76 It’s very likely the speed tests. They do use a lot of data and I’ve seen them easily use more than a half GB per test. 

btw you may want to weigh in renewal to the new $34 for 40 GB plan - twice the data for the same price. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Cairns76 were you running some speed test?? speed test can waste as many as 500Mb

Need Help? Let's chat.