cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unlock Y6 SCL-L04

hemzer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While unlocking my phone I hit the dismiss button accidently. Now I am not able to get the prompt again to enter the unlock code? How do I get back the prompt to ask for unlock code again?  Help. Does public mobile block the phone? If I put the SIm into another phone it allworks fine on your network. Is my IEMI number bocked?

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hemzer 

I wonder if you could shut down, remove the SIM, restart phone empty, shut down, insert SIM, restart phone and see what happens.

nelsonc

I had to reboot my phone

hemzer

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@hemzer wrote:

I put back the original SIm and it recognizes it but since I have moved out of the last provider it will just show a blank /shaded signal bar.

I put in PM SIM which works perffectly find in another similar phone and it shows the SIM slot with a ! next to it. So not access to network. Is there not a customer rep that I can talk to?
I still feel the phone is locked out of network.

You said you pressed dismissed on the unlock prompt. That means phone is still locked to the other carrier. The way your phone isn't asking again for the unlock code is a device problem. Sorry, Public can't help you.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@hemzer wrote:

I put back the original SIm and it recognizes it but since I have moved out of the last provider it will just show a blank /shaded signal bar.

I put in PM SIM which works perffectly find in another similar phone and it shows the SIM slot with a ! next to it. So not access to network. Is there not a customer rep that I can talk to?

You said you pressed dismissed on the unlock prompt. That means phone is still locked to the other carrier. The way your phone isn't asking again for the unlock code is a device problem. Sorry, Public can't help you.

true, Do you know why it wont prompt again? Any ideas

@nelsonc wrote:

It sounds like you are having a similar issue to what I had.  I had to call my old phone carrier to get the unlock code (providing the imei number) although I also had an additional issue which had me having to call Samsung for a master unlock code as well.

hemzer aleady has the network unlock code. The phone isn't asking for it since the unlock code prompted was dismissed, alhtough the prompted should have returned as soon as the phone was restarted.  This issue is really between hemzer and Huawei.  I would call Huawei technical support to see if there is a manual way to unlock the phone when the unlock prompt doesn't pop up. 

nelsonc

It sounds like you are having a similar issue to what I had.  I had to call my old phone carrier to get the unlock code (providing the imei number) although I also had an additional issue which had me having to call Samsung for a master unlock code as well.

@hemzer wrote:

@hemzerPublic Mobile doesn't have a call centre, hence it is the lowest tier of Telus.

hemzer

@hemzerHave you tried putting in the original network SIM.. boot up let it search network, then power off and put in the Public Mobile SIM and see if the prompty returns. You do have a limited number of tried because it gets locked out permanently.

hemzer

I do have the unlock KEY. I cant get to the prompt to type it in.

hemzer

It did prompt...but my pne of my family member hit the "DISMISS" button. Now it wont prompt me again any more. Why is that?

@hemzerPublic Mobile can't help you unlock the phone, you have to go back to the original network which provided you with the phone to get the unlock code.

hemzer

The SIM card works perfectly fine on another similar phone.
I think it is the phone that has been blocked in the network.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@hemzer 

Try rebooting the phone with the PM Sim card inserted.  Should ask you again for the PIN.....  

Or remove the sim and reinsert it.

There have been many version of the Huawei Y6 over the years, and from looking around the SCL-L04 is a 2015 variant.  That model required the user to removed the battery to be able to remove the sim card from the videos that I've looked at. So, by taking the sim card out and reinsterting it, that would automatically take care of the rebooting part. Is the thinking that the sim card isn't being detected?

You guys are right that normally, the phone should ask for an unlock code as soon as the phone has been turned on with a "not allowed" sim card.

@hemzer 

Public mobile does not block phones.  

You can check the IMEI number on the Get Started page on the PM website

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Maybe insert another company's SIM card in first and reboot.  Then switch to the PM sim card.  

hemzer

Did that Chuck. Never went into the prompt

@Dunkman wrote:

@hemzer 

Try rebooting the phone with the PM Sim card inserted.  Should ask you again for the PIN.....  

Or remove the sim and reinsert it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@hemzer 

Need Help? Let's chat.